Romance is in the Air

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Romance is in the Air

A week went by without incident. Noah quit his job to avoid having to go out by himself. Addy, Peter, and Jasper continued to work and Kate, Richard, and Addy went back to school after a slightly extended Thanksgiving holiday. Desmond, Blake, Noah, and Elli worked on the house while they worried about their friends.

For their first date, Jasper convinced Addy to let him borrow her car so they wouldn’t have to walk alone and in the snow. He picked out a local restaurant that he knew had good food. Elli was excited.

The problem was that she wanted to wear something cute, but she didn’t exactly own anything that would fit the description. Her wardrobe consisted of a handful of t-shirts and a couple of jeans, along with her mom’s old jacket.

She, Kate, and Addy got together in Kate’s room to help her get ready. While Elli preferred Addy’s style, the girl’s clothes were much too small to fit the werewolf. She and Kate were the same size.

Addy and Elli sat on Kate’s bed as the redhead raided her closet.

“So Jasper finally did it? Good for him. We should all go out some time,” Addy suggested.

“Sounds like fun,” Elli replied with a smile.

“So have you been on a date before?” Kate inquired, briefly poking her head out of her closet.

“Not in a few years.”

“Damn, girl. You’re out of practice.”

Elli shrugged. “I haven’t exactly lived somewhere long enough to date and there really wasn’t a point.”

“Don’t worry about it. Jasper hasn’t dated much either,” Addy assured.

“Didn’t he break up with a girlfriend a few weeks before he moved in here?”

“Yeah. He’s had three girlfriends, but that’s it. Besides, that was months ago. You’ll both be nervous.”

“Although you’ll probably be more nervous since he’s kind of your soul mate and all,” Kate reluctantly acknowledged. “But don’t worry! It’s gonna go great. Are you opposed to wearing a dress?”

“Um… I guess not.” When was the last time she’d worn a dress? Maybe the last Easter she had spent with her family? Probably. It had been a while.

“This! This is perfect. It just needs leggings. Here, catch.” Katie tossed a purple object at Elli who caught it and examined it before putting it on. She changed in the room, not particularly modest with her background.

It was a very casual dress with ¾ inch sleeves. It was almost off-the-shoulder, but not quite there. The skirt was loose and reached her knees. Kate hit her in the back of the head with a pair of black leggings, which were definitely a necessity in the cold weather. Kate lent her a pair of boots to complete the ensemble.

“It looks great!” Addy enthused, smiling at her housemate.

“Really?”

“Most definitely,” Kate ensured. “You can keep the dress if you want. It’s not really my style. It was a gift.”

“Oh…thanks,” she said in surprise.

“You just need a jacket and you’re good to go!” the banshee added, ready to dive back into the closet.

“Thanks, but I have one and it would actually match this,” she informed, although that was irrelevant. She would have worn her mom’s jacket even if it had clashed horribly.