Untitled Part 10

Misty's POV

You know the saying about the eyes speaking louder than words? They reveal the liars, lovers, and psychopaths.It's whether or not you want look deep enough into them to see what is hidden from the outside world. The eyes can be one of the most intimate features on your body because it can never lie no matter how hard you try to hide it.

 Look into my eyes what would you see? Scared? Hurt? Fraud? Or is that only what I can see? It is also a known fact that you cannot always see what is hidden within your own eyes. The journey to find out it's secret is someone else's job. It is Kyle's job to figure out what is behind mine and and I have the same job for him.  you know what I see in his eyes? Exactly what I believe I would see in my own. 

"Misty I love you so much and I never meant for any of this to happen. You have to understand that I never wanted to leave you but it was absolutely necessary. Alpha's have a lot of responsibilities, as you know, and one of the requirements is carrying on the alpha blood lineage. In other words we are required to have children and there are consequences if any alpha fails to do so." he says looking me straight in the eyes trying to relay the persona of confidence but I can see right through the facade. " But I also have a responsibility to you. You are my wife, my mate, and my everything but I lived my whole life protecting what I love and leaving seemed like it would protect everyone including you."

"So you left me because I can't give you children? I understand that the pack is important but you could have talked to me before you just picked up and left. What were you going do when you was gone? Sleep with every she wolf until you got one pregnant? Why didn't you just grow some balls and divorce and reject me?!" I whispered yelled. I turned away ready to go to my room and pack my bags but Kyle grabbed my hand stopping me before I could go very far.

"You didn't let me finish. It didn't matter that you was barren to me. I understand the reasons why you can't give me a child and that never changed the love I have for you. You are and will forever be my skittles. The only one I need and love." he sighs and continues. " But I received a call from the elders. They heard about you not being able to produce an heir and made a decision that I couldn't ignore. They wanted to kill you. They believe that if you die I might get a second chance mate which is unlikely since your mom is the moon goddess herself. They also believe that if my mate is dead I would be able to impregnate any other mateless she wolf to produce an heir. I refused to let you die so I made a proposition with them. They will allow you to live if I leave you making our bond weak enough to break."

"But you weren't gone long enough to let it break. Why did you come back?" At this moment I do not know whether I am still mad or just offended that he didn't talk to me about this. We could've figured this out and if that decision ended with one of us leaving then so be it. It would have been less painful though.

"Well I missed you way too much and knew that even if the bond broke it wouldn't matter because my heart, soul, and body would still belong to you. So I packed everyone up and came home to you. I'll deal with the elders when the time comes but for now I just really need my mate."

So he left to protect me and came back because he loved me to much......again I am conflicted. I understand his reasons now. It was just Kyle doing what he often does. Thinking on his toes without thinking it completely through. I don't want to be mad at him anymore. I just want to move on and get  back to our lives. Being mad is too stressful for me to keep doing it. I'm still a little upset about him just disappearing without consulting me but that's something I can get over. As for the elders situation, I'm not really worried about that because we all know who my mother is. I don't think she will have a problem with helping us out.

I walk up to him and rap my arms around his waist enjoying the sparks that ignite through my body. I missed that so much. "So you forgive me?" he asked in a hopeful tone. I looked up at him and got on my tippy toes to plant a quick but meaningful kiss on his lips. "Almost" I grabbed his hand and lead him to the staircase "For now lets go to bed. I think its about time we both get some real sleep."