Chapter Two: A New Friend

CHAPTER TWO:
A NEW FRIEND

I walked into my room and sighed in frustration. Of all the days of the week, Mrs. Miller had today to give us a project.

I tossed my bag on the bed and sat at my desk with my laptop, in search of the stupid project, which had a deadline of Friday. Just a week to finish a project.

I mean seriously Mrs. Miller?

After an hour of googling all the given questions, I got tired and went to take a nice long and hot shower.

I shampooed my hair with my favorite strawberry scented shampoo and washed it carefully. After the shower I walked back into my room and picked a black tank top and a black ripped skinny jeans and my leather jacket. Don't blame me, I love black.

I wore my converse and grabbed my guitar and car keys. Yes, I play the guitar, but its just a hobby, if you put it like that.

“Mom, Dad, Mark, I'm going to the park!” I shouted as I ran down the stairs.

“Okay, but be back by seven!” I heard Mark shout back and I rolled my eyes.

“Will do!” I shouted back and ran outside to the car.

I started the car and drove peacefully to the park with He Is We blasting through the speakers.

Finally, I reached my destination. The park. I got out of the car, grabbed my guitar, locked the car, and sped off to the place I always sit.

Once I reached the old tree next to the lake, I sat down on the bridge and started playing.

The wind howled in my ears as I smiled and sang my song. I never quite understood why I did this, but perhaps it gave me some kind of escape. An escape from reality was really just all I wanted.

A tear rolled down my eye as I finished the song. I don't know why, but always when I play my guitar, I always get into the song, especially when its my favourite.

“That was awesome!” I heard a girl squeal and I eyes turned wide.

I turned my head to her direction and saw a slender blonde girl with blue eyes leaning against the tree. I could sense she was a wolf too, but I never saw her before. Is she from the pack?

“Thank you,” I smiled at her compliment.

“Where did you learn to play that good? And your voice is really amazing!” she walked over to me and sat down next to me.

“Thanks, I learned playing the guitar on my own actually, but my brother helped me a bit,” I smiled.

“Wow, that's cool. So, are you from this pack?” she asked and I nodded.

“Are you? I haven't really seen you around,” I frowned.

She giggled, “Yes, I am, but I haven't been here for a while I've been staying with my mate. He isn't from this pack,”

I shot her a teasing smirk, “Mate, huh?” I grinned as she blushed.

“Have you found your mate yet?” she asked, trying to turn this to me.

“No, but my wolf and I are sure we'll find him soon,” I smiled.

“I'm sure you'll find him soon too,” she looked at the water.

I smiled at her, “What pack is your mate from?”

“Derek? He's from the Blue Moon Pack. In fact, he's Alpha of The Blue Moon Pack,”