Chapter Ten: Home Alone

CHAPTER TEN:
HOME ALONE

“That was so beautiful, Fayy!” Ashley said with her cute baby voice.

We were in the music room and I was playing her a melody on the piano. Just like me, my little sister had a love for music instruments and melodies. She even made me promise to teach her.

“I know sweetheart, how about we go get some food now? You promised me that you would eat if I would play,” I raised my eyebrows knowingly at her.

She had always been like that. She knew everyone loved her to death, which made her a master in blackmailing. She was as devious as she was cute.

“Okay!” she beamed. I giggled and ruffled her hair a bit, earning a giggle from her. I picked her up and placed her on my hip.

I walked to the kitchen and placed her on top of the counter,  kissing her forehead. I can't wait until I'll have my own family. I sighed, knowing that I will never have a family, because my mate doesn't want me. I'm just sixteen and already having these kinds of hopeless problems.

I pulled out the bread and peanut butter and made Ashley's sandwich, handing it over to her afterwards, which she gladly accepted after cheerfully smiling a bit.

“Hey, pigface,” Mark came into the kitchen and kissed my forehead.

My lips curled into a thin smile as I looked up at him. Mark seemed a bit too tired lately, since he had to do so much patrolling. When Mark arrived home last night, he had bags under his eyes, which still seem to be there.

“Hi, why are you up? You need some rest, Mark,” I rested the palm of my hand on his cheek.

Mark is the only one, except for Skylar who cares for me with all his heart. Mom and Dad are never home. Not that they don't care about me, because they do. They're just not around enough to show it or make me feel like it.

“I can't rest, I have to go patrolling after three hours. Those rogues don't move from their spots. They're not on our territory, but they seem to keep an eye on it. I really don't know what they want,” he released an exhausted sigh.

My heart felt a little heavy. I couldn't see my brother like that. I've never seen him this stressed before and I don't think I ever will again. Those rogues... What do they want? They are here, keeping an eye on us for nearly two months?

“What? Do you think they want to take over the territory?” I asked. Because that seems to be the only thing to take away from us. We have nothing else for them. “And can't you just arrest them or something?”

“I don't think so, because if they would want to take over the territory, they would have attacked a long time ago,” he clarified. “As for your second question, no, we cannot. They're not on our territory and neither do we have any concrete reason to take any action.”

I nodded my head in understanding. The rogues are there for almost two months, keeping an eye on us like bloody creeps and they ain't doing anything. There's definitely something fishy here.

“What do you think they're after then? If it's not the territory, then it's something bigger than that.” I said slightly frustrated.

Those damn rogues have made my brother's life miserable. He really needs some rest, if he doesn't, then he's going to get sick. And that's the one thing I don't want.

“I think you need some rest. You told me that you'll be patrolling after three hours, you can get enough rest by then.”

“Fine.” he muttered and walked back to his room, after giving Ashley and I a quick peck on the cheek.