Chapter Eight: It Was Just Me Expecting Too Much Again

I looked at Alec in disbelief. Why would he come and save me from these Rogues? Is he on crack or something?

Let go of her wrist,” Alec spat through gritted teeth.

“I don't think so, Alpha. Your mate is too beautiful. Imagine those things I could do with her,” the Rogue said looking at me with that hideous smugly face. I wanted to rip his throat out, but I can't. The bastard wouldn't let me go.

“I. Said. Leave. The. Fucking. Girl!” I could see that Alec's wolf wanted to take over.

“Why should I?” he said. My wolf was getting angry because she didn't want anyone touching me like that.

I looked around and saw that there were at least twenty Rogues around us. I was so shocked about Alec's appearance that I didn't even notice when all these men arrived. I wasn't going to wait for Alec to save me, I was going to do it myself. I mind linked Mark and Skylar to come here and help us.

I kicked the Rogue where the sun doesn't shine and punched him in his face, making him back up against the tree. I looked at Alec and saw that he was in wolf form and was taking down two of the Rogues.

Well, at least he was good for something.

In the mean time, Mark and Skylar arrived with other two pack warriors. They shifted in their wolves and lunged at the other ones.

My head snapped at the Rogue and saw he was getting up. He stood up and looked at me with an impressed expression. Bitch.

I scowled at him and jumped to kick him, but he moved out of the way, making me slam against the tree.

I winced in pain and quickly got up, facing him again, ignoring the blood I was tasting in my mouth. I jumped to defense mode and lunged at him, making him fall on the ground. I sat on his stomach and punched him in the face until his mouth started bleeding. I suppose this guy wasn't as smart enough to dodge my punches like Mark and Alec did. He had several bruises on his cheek. I got off from him and gave him one last kick in his side and turned around to walk towards Mark and Skylar.

But as I turned around, the Rogue jumped on my back and made me fall on the ground. He shifted in his wolf and was ready to tear me into shreds. I closed my eyes, knowing that this the end of my life and waited for him rip my throat out, but to my surprise the weight was lifted off me.

I opened my eyes and saw Alec ripping his throat off within the matter of seconds. Now, isn't that something I want to see right now...

I got up and noticed the big cut on my upper arm. I whimpered in pain and walked to Mark. He took a look at it, but then I noticed Alec walking over to us.

“Thanks.” I said.

“You don't have to be grateful, I just saved a pack member. Why would you come here alone? You know what would happen if those Rogues got their hands on you?” he barked.

I lowered my head in shame. Why would I do such a thing? I always come here to play my guitar when I'm sad. It's not like I did it on purpose.

“My pack would think I'm not a good Alpha and then my dad would have made my life miserable!” he growled.

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. He doesn't care about me. He just cares about his title as the Alpha. Well, I'll have to forget about being with my mate. I can't forget that I got rejected.

“Sorry Alpha.” a tear streamed down my cheek.

I grabbed the skateboard along with my guitar and made my way home. I put the skateboard in Mark's room and went into my room.