Chapter Eleven: Weird

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
WEIRD

Faaitth!” Sophia squealed. “Get your ass down here!

“Just a second,” I yelled back.

I hummed and brushed my hair but frowned in annoyance as Sophia continued shouting downstairs. What the hell was her deal?

I threw the brush back on my desk and ran downstairs, where Sophia was jumping in joy. What  even happened to this girl?

“Faaiiitttthhh!!!” she ran to me and hugged me tightly.

She pulled back when she realized that she was blocking the way of oxygen to my lungs. At least she cared about me breathing.

“What got you so happy?” I asked with a grin on my face.

The way she acted was adorable. Her straight hair was tied in a messy ponytail that swooshed around as she moved happily. Her red glasses rested a bit low down the bridge of her nose, which she pushed back in place.

She beamed, “Derek is coming to meet me next week!”

“Really!?” I gasped.

“Yes, he's coming here to discuss some Rogue problems with the Alpha, and the main reason is actually to meet me, because we can't stay away from each other anymore.”

Yes, that is actually true. They call each other and talk for hours on the phone. I've only spoken to Derek through the phone once when I had to reassure him that Sophia is well taken care of. Not like she needs it, because she takes more care of me than I take care of her. Derek is a nice person and him and Sophia are both lucky to have each other.

“Alpha Alec,” she rolled her eyes at the mention of his name. “—said that he can stay here. He'll be here for a week. And in that week, we are going to the beach house!” she jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

“Wow,” was all I could say.

“Yes, I know. But,” she said, glaring at the ground with despise.

I raiser my eyebrow at her sudden change of mood. I crossed my arms over my chest, wondering why this girl was being overly bipolar today.

“What happened, Sophia?” I placed a hand on her shoulder.

“But Alec is going to be there too,” she said, glazing at me apologetically. I felt my heart clinch at the mention of my mate's name.

The moments of the day he rejected me made its way through mind. A teardrop fell down my cheek. Why did it have to hurt every time I thought about him?

It's not like I could turn back time and change everything. I thought it wouldn't hurt as much after the day I beat him, but he just had to save me from those Rogues. I pursed my lips and sighed, but didn't say anything to Sophia. Instead, I just walked to the kitchen to get ourselves something to eat.

°•°•°•°•°•°

My eyes opened and I glazed at the clock. It was ten already. I quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth. I decided to skip dinner and lay back down on my bed.

I stared at the ceiling, with hundreds of thoughts going through my mind. Why would Alec go too? And why was I overreacting like that? Its not that I'm going there. Maybe its just because I heard his name. Yeah, it could be that.

I sighed and turned around, facing the teddy bear I found that day on the doorstep. And that note...

Who could have send that?