Chapter Twelve: Confronting Mark

CHAPTER TWELVE:
CONFRONTING MARK

"Ashley!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the house.

This girl is so little that the house always swallows her, so that she's never to be seen.

"Ashley, baby, where are you?" I climbed up the stairs and walked into her room, finding Ashley playing with the teddy I gave her.

"Hi, sweetheart," I walked to her and kissed her cheek.

"Hi, Faayy." she planted a big kiss on my cheek.

I smiled and placed her on my lap. "How about we go to the park today?"

"Really? Will you bring your guitar?" she asked excited.

I nodded eagerly and smiled at her. She loves it when I play my guitar of any other instrument for her. She is so cute.

"Now, go get ready and we'll go to the park together, okay?"

"Okay!"

I walked to her cupboard and picked her an outfit. I picked a skirt that went to her knees and a long sleeved shirt.

I helped her change her clothes and went into my room to take my guitar. After grabbing my guitar, I placed Ashley on my hip and walked to the park —since it was a walking distance. We arrived at the park in about ten minutes. I brought her to the bridge by the lake and placed her next to me.

"Faayy, play for me pwease?" she requested. I nodded and placed the guitar on my lap.

I finished the song and looked at the grinning Ashley, giggling like she just got ice-cream or something.

Speaking of ice-cream, it makes me crave for it. I smiled at Ashley and asked if she wanted to eat some ice-cream. She nodded eagerly and we walked our way to the diner, across the road of the park.

I simply asked for a vanilla with oreos and Ashley asked for a chocolate flavoured, double scoops. As you see, my little sister has taken eating like a pig from me.

We walked back to the park and and got seated on one of the benches, and enjoyed our ice-cream.

After finishing our ice-cream, we stood up, took my guitar and walked back home. As we arrived, I saw Mark taking out a few suitcases out of the trunk of his car.

Slightly confused, I picked up Ashley and walked over to Mark. "Hi, Mark, who does these suitcases belong to?" I asked curiously.

Mark shook his head in amusement and chuckled lowly. "They're Stacy's. She's moving here," he answered as he carried the bags and suitcases inside, with me and Ashley following.

"Who's Stacy?" Ashley asked all of a sudden.

I smiled at her and pinched her cheeks. "Stacy is Mark's mate." I grinned. Ashley clapped her hands out of excitement and kissed Mark's cheek.

Mom had told Ashley a lot about mates. Ashley was always that excited about mates.

"Well, she'll be here in a few minutes." Mark answered Ashley's question, which I obviously didn't hear.

"Ooohh, I can't wait!" she ran into her room yelling like crazy. Mark and I chuckled and looked at each other.

"So, mom and dad will be here in a few seconds and well..." he scratched the back of his head, "I thought... That... Maybe we could hang out at Billy's... With Stacy."

I smiled at his words and kissed his cheek, "Sure, why not?" I giggled and walked into my room.

I put my guitar under my bed carefully and went to take a shower, since I was sweating like a fat buffalo or something.