Chapter Six: When The Past Repeats Itself

CHAPTER SIX:
WHEN THE PAST REPEATS ITSELF

Alec

I opened my eyes, but closed it again —just to open it again to adjust against the bright light. I looked around and saw the blonde chick from the party yesterday, sleeping on the bed naked.

I put some basketball shorts on and walked over to the girl on the other side of the bed. I shook her furiously. Well, you see, I'm not exactly a gentleman.

She groaned and woke up. "Good morning baby," she kissed my cheek. 

I kept a straight and emotionless face, "Don't babe me," I warned. "I was clear enough last night. Everything between us was just for last night. So, you better fuck off now."

She glared at me as she got up from the bed and gathered her clothes from the floor. She walked into the bathroom and came back after a few moments, all dressed and wearing the expression of disgust on her face. Was I supposed to care?

Well, too bad I didn't.

She walked away without even sparing me a gaze. As if I even care. I paid no heed to her attitude and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Once finished with that, I dressed myself in some jeans and a button up shirt before making my way to my office.

"Hi dad," I greeted as I spotted him sitting at my desk when I entered the office. 

"Hey son," he turned his head towards me as if he were expecting me already. I guess that's what you get for living with werewolves all over the place. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, I heard that a girl beat the Beta during training yesterday, which means that she has some fine skills. She's going to take care of the children today, so that means that she's going to train again tomorrow. I want you to fight her, and if she beats you, I want her to become a pack warrior," he nodded at me. "We need a lot more of those, especially how we're expecting a Rogue attack anytime soon."

"Sure, Dad," I nodded back at him. "I don't think she'll be able to beat me, but I'll give it a go," I smirked.

"If she can beat Mark in half an hour, then I think that an hour is enough for you, or even less than an hour," and with that, he walked away without looking back.

I huffed and released an annoyed groan. So much for a nice father.

I sat at the desk and immediately mind linked Mark to enter my office immediately.

After a few minutes, Mark walked into the office and bowed his head in respect. I nodded and motioned him to sit. I knew he hated me for what I did with his sister, but I chose my freedom over some useless girl and if he gets offended over that, then that's his problem, not mine.

"Who was that girl that beat you yesterday?" I asked, going straight to business. Mark is the strongest pack warrior of the whole Blood Moon pack. How weak does he have to be to get his ass beaten by a girl?

"It was my sister, Alec." he looked at me emotionless.

His answer shook me in a way. No, it couldn't. How can his sister beat him? She's weak, I've seen her with my own eyes. She doesn't have the physical nor the mental strength for that. Could it be that Mark made her win just because she's his sister? A brother would do that, right?

Would I do that?

"How the hell is that even possible?" I raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

He suddenly looked really annoyed at me. Which my best friend never did. "She fucking did beat me Alec. Get fucking over it! You caused her a lot of pain and I really hope she beats the crap out of your pathetic ass,” his jaw clenched and unclenched. “Make sure you're there on time, Ryder. I don't think my sister likes waiting.”