Chapter 4

The artificial grass swayed gently around me and the others, watching in a small semicircle as our trainer performed a "summary" on us, as Briggan had explained it. A large, holographic panel had appeared in the sky, showing information to us and our trainer. A picture of Briggan, who was in a Pokéball, was currently displayed on the screen. The trainer switched over to Serene's Dive Ball. I scanned some of her attacks for anything that would spark a memory. Hydro Pump? Ice Beam? I thought, scanning over the attacks. Safeguard? Nah. Perish Song? Sounds interesting...

Curious at what Perish Song did, I walked over to Serene as the panel switched over to Sakura's pink Heal Ball. "Serene?" I asked, nudging the Lapras gently on the shoulder, causing her to flinch. "Y-yes?" she stuttered. "W-what do you need me for, uh...um..." "Noir." I responded. "I just came to ask you what the move Perish Song did." The Lapras calmed down a bit, and explained, "P-perish Song is a move that makes anyone that hears it faint in 3 turns," she explained, "b-but that includes the user, too."

The sound of the panel moving over to the next Pokémon caused Serene and I to look over, showing a picture of Shoto in the Ultra Ball he had been caught in. Looking back at Serene, she continued, "I-i think I remember that Absol's can learn Perish Song," she mumbled, causing me to gasp in excitement. "I-i could teach you if you like." I nodded in excitement, causing Serene to gently smile. "L-let's start, then."

It turned out that despite her timid demanor, Serene is actually a really good teacher. By the time the panel had reached over to my Ultra Ball, the moveset showed two moves; Bite and Perish Song. I heard Shoto mutter, "When did she learn that?" I smirked, while Serene and I walked closer to the group. "When'd you learn Perish Song, huh?" Shoto asked, as the panel in the sky disappeared. "Serene taught me," I replied, smiling towards Serene, who blushed in return.

After a few minutes of walking, a wormhole appeared as suddenly as the panel did. "Well," Sakura smiled, "it's your first time outta the ball, Noir-chan! Have fun, desu~!" "What do you-" I asked, but my sentence was cut short as the wormhole dragged me in. For a moment, I was left again in the darkness, before finally being spit out in front of a silver-haired human. I looked up and saw my trainer pulling out a few heart shaped scales from his bag.

The scale shone with the colors of the rainbow, like a minature prism in my trainer's hand. He handed out three of the scales to the other human. "I want one! Can I have one?" I asked, pawing at my trainer's leg. In surprise, he dropped on of the scales, causing the other human to laugh. I picked up the scale in my mouth, causing my trainer to tug at it. The silver haired human laughed and said something to my trainer, causing him to release his grip on the scale. Yes! I thought. I got it! I cried out in joy, causing the scale to fly out of my mouth. No! Why, Arceus?

The silver haired human picked up the scale. "Give that back!" I cried. "That's mine!" However, due to her not understanding my words, ignored me, and began to drill a hole into my scale, as my trainer pulled out another one. "What are you doing?" I roared, confused at why humans were so insistent on taking away things from me, including my own freedom. The other human began to string a thin line of thread into the hole she had made, then tied the ends together, putting it around my neck as a necklace, as she patted my head with satisfaction.

I gave the other human my best smile, the scale reflecting light on my face. "Thank you!" The two humans simply smiled and laughed. After a bit of conversation between the two, my trainer picked me up, and plopped me down in front of the other human. He then proceeded to plop each of the scales one by one in front of the woman, saying attack names while he put them down. Night Slash. Sucker Punch. Play Rough. Bite? Didn't I already have that move? When all three of the scales were down, reflecting light around in the corners of the room, the woman pulled out something as she pulled the scales into a pouch, their light shining among the many others in her pouch. So shiny...

The woman placed down a mysterious object on her lap. It was spherical in shape, and a dark black in color, the same color as the darkness in the wormhole. The woman touched my forehead, which tickled a bit, causing me to snort gently. The woman smiled, then touched the object gently, a deep red color spreading from her fingertips onto the object like coloring spreading in water. As I watched the color spread in awe, a sudden memory came back to me. Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Play Rough! I remember! I gasped in amazement. I remembered something!