Chapter 8

The artificial grass of my home, which normally only held the 5 of us, was now littered with captured Pokémon. "You see," Briggan had explained, "when Pokéballs are near each other, they join and connect in this field." Being in a sack full of captured Pokémon, the once pleasant experience of my home wasn't so pleasant anymore. "What's going on?" a Granbull cried, standing with a Kirlia, and holding a fainted Klefki. "And, why do you have our master's hairpin?" the Kirlia demanded, pointing a delicate white finger at me,

   Remembering that a hairpin had fallen on me recently, I took it off to examine it. The clip looked beautiful, a shiny pink flower that looked like my Heart Scale. Realizing that it belonged to the Granbull, Kirlia and Klefki's trainer, I returned it, saying, "I hope you find your trainer soon." The Granbull's expression seemed to get less hostile, and the Kirlia relaxing from her tense position. "Thank you," she muttered, placing the hairclip in her hair. "I hope you find yours soon, too."

   I waddled over to our small team, Serene carrying Shoto on her back, who was still fainted, his tounge dry from hanging out for so long. Briggan was consoling Sakura, who still seemed nervous from the previous attempts. Sakura was muttering words I couldn't make out, with no bits of another language, which she normally does, mixed in. I slowly approached Sakura, my footsteps quiet, as a sudden flash of pink light waved through the room. Shoto and the other fainted Pokémon opened their eyes. "What's going on?" Shoto asked, surprised at the abnormal amount of Pokémon in the area.

   A wormhole opened up above us, the darkness returning as I was sucked in, alone, with no idea where I was going. After a few moments, we were all plopped out onto a cold floor in a dark room. "Seriously, guys? What's going on?" Shoto demanded, looking around. "Who are these guys?" Shoto's glance fell over on the Mawile, Mr Mime, and Sylveon we had recently battled. "Hey!" he called, causing the Sylveon to flinch, his eyes leaving the window he was staring out of.

   "H-hey..." he stammered, face pale with terror. "Y-you're strong...right? You beat me!" Shoto tilted his head in confusion. "Sure, but what are you looking-" Shoto went rigid with fear, causing me to run over and look at what he saw. Briggan, carrying Sakura, and Serene ran over to us, leaving behind the gym's Fairy-type residents alone in the darkness. "What's going on?" I asked, peering out of the rather small window. I gasped. This is terrible!

   The trainer we battled earlier were being held down by a member in an orange suit, the room she was in only being illuminated by the light of a camera recording them. Sakura began to weep into Briggan's shoulder again, causing him to sigh in concern. Serene covered her eyes, too afraid to see what would happen next. Shaking in fear, I tried to listen in to what they were saying, but to no avail. "Help them!" the Sylveon cried, tears streaming down his face. "Please! She's my friend! Friends stick together, right? Please, I'm begging you!"

   The Sylveon's sudden outburst brought the other Pokémon to come forward. The Kirlia, who seemed quite calm compared to the others, began crying along with a Klefki, into the Granbull's arms, upon seeing her trainer held captive among the others. A Dedenne and Azumarill hugged each other in the corner, and a Slurpuff consoled a shivering Aromatisse. "Hey!" the Sylveon repeated, nudging Shoto with his ribbon-things. "Don't you care about your trainer? Help him!"

   Shoto, still not moving, didn't reply. The Sylveon continued pestering him, tears continuing to steam down his face, until he gave up, blubbering in a corner. The Mr Mime opened his mouth, as if to say something, when a bright light suddenly shone from a corner in the room, blinding me. Is this Arceus? I wondered, my eyes slowly adjusting to the light, due to me being a Dark-type. Are they here to save us?

   "Get up!" the familiar voice of a Golbat called. "Come on, what's with the tears?" Once my eyes grew used to the light, I saw the Golbat that had spoke to me recently, along with the Skrelp. "Training starts today, scrubs, so move it!" a voice I hadn't heard before, presumably the Skrelp, commanded. Slowly and fearfully, our group rose and moved towards the dark, some of the, refusing to make eye contact with our captors. "Look at that, John," the Golbat remarked, sneering at the Skrelp, presumably John. "the ladies are terrified of you now!" I snorted in disgust.

   "I'm not scared!" I remarked, snarling at John as I began walking to the stairs leading out of the room. You're not scared, my consience soothed. You're terrified! Biting down my fear, I looked down, continuing to walk up the steps. "Whatever, Bruce. I do what I want." John replied, leaving the Golbat, apparently Bruce, and the original five of us in the room, walking towards the like like moths to a flame, although I doubt Mothims would go anywhere near a Fire-type. "Let's get going," Bruce called, leaving the door more open. "Your training starts today."