chapter1

"Joe, you have to go, It's your reunion for goodness sake!"

"I've already said I'm not going and that's that Tia" I said raising my voice with authority

Of course It didn't work on her which is why sometimes I hated the fact I worked in the same Office with my best friend.

"It a shame really cause your former school headteacher called to request if you could do a speech at your reunion and I said you'll be glad to."

"What! What the hell Tia!?" I stared at her as if I've just seen a ghost.

"No, don't what the hell me Joe! I should be the asking you that. What's so earth shattering bad about going to you own reunion?"

"Nothing okay! Nothing, i just don't want to go..."

"There is something you're hiding Joe...what's it?"

"I said nothing...can you leave me alone please"

I sat back down at my desk pretending to read what's on the screen so she could leave me alone. Of course I knew she wouldn't pay into it but I was quite sure she'll leave.

"By the way we leave tomorrow at noon. Your mum is expecting us at about 4." She said and walked out without turning back around.

I knew she was quite piss off but I couldn't tell her. There was just one person that knew the whole story - even my mum never found out the cause of what almost happened and I preferred it that way.

I can't believe I was going back into that world. It might be the past to most of them but to me It's the present. I till live with the memory.

My office phone ringing got me out of my trace and i stretch forward to pick it up.

"Hello, Eventon speaking"

"Hey, Joe"

"Oh...Max It's you. How you doing?"

"Okay I guess, how about you?"

"I'm fine too"

"You don't sound that fine to me..."

"It's nothing Max"

"So you say. I heard your coming to reunion...do you think it's a good idea?"

I could hear the worry in his voice. And to be honest right now I have no choice on wither to go or not.

"I don't seem to have a choice since I've been put down for a speech"

"You still haven't told her, have you"

It was more of a statement than a question and even if it was a question he already knew the answer.

"Look Joe I'll see you tomorrow...Please consider telling her before she finds out from someone else"

"I'll do and I'll see you too"

We ended the call and I replace the phone back. Tomorrow I'm going to see everyone...I'm going to see him