Chapter 11

Joe POV.

As soon as I heard him call my name, I froze and my body tense on reflex. What does he want? Yo hurt me again? To use those harmful words? No matter what happens here I know one thing for sure...I'll not let him pull me back into that darkness I once felt. I could feel his eyes on me as he moved closer.

"What do you want Luke?"

"I just want to talk?"

My laughter wasn't one of humour but of great Sarcasm.

"Since when did the all mighty and perfect Luke Copper speak to the loner gay kid? hmmm?" I knew he must have flinch from my words but I didn't give a darm

"Look...I'm sorry for what I did Joe. I wish I could..."

I suddenly turned around, not wanting him to finish.

"Oh...so now we're wishing aren't we? What? Do you feel pity or sorry for me now?" I said, rising up to his face.

He was quiet as if he couldn't quite comprehend who I was. wither I was the some silent boy who let him bit the hell out of him. That person wasn't this outspoken man that was stood in front of him now.

What had happened ten years ago may have broken me - and still hunted me till today - but I got up and found myself. Even if it means hiding behind my close doors and dedicating all my time in my company. I found myself in my work because then I could worry about my progress... forgetting my painful moments for a while before they came back.

"What Luke? lost you tough to speck?"

"Were you really in love with me"

As those words left his mouth I felt my pulse rising.

Why does he want to know. What good would it do? What would it change? Yes I was in love with him since forever but if you knew how many times, nights and hours I've dedicated to myself. Trying to tell myself to reason for once about this, about this love that could never be returned.

Why him God....oh why him of all the people out there?

Suddenly i could feel anger developing inside of me. So this was what it's all about. Him coming put here to stop me and find out the truth. Then what? Walk along and tell all his friends? Try to make me once more the laughing stock of their world? Thinking it would be funny to have another thing against the poor gay kid? Was that it?

"That didn't sound like a question" I simply hissed at his face then turned to open my car but never got to accomplish my mission.

I felt hands crap me on the elbow and spinner me around so fast I didn't have the chance to resist his hold. And before that motion could fully register in my brain. I felt it.

And my eyes closed from our immediate contact.