Chapter 14 - The Unexpected

I hope this is satisfactory~!

Pairings : Shina/Seijūrō
Warnings : AU Universe. Teikō Middle School Days. Overprotective Akashi.
Disclaimer : I own only the OCs

———————————————————
Chapter 14 - The Unexpected

The arrival of guests to the Akashi's Estate brings about liveliness that was never present in the huge extravagant mansion before.

The news of the Young Master and Young Miss inviting their school friends are soon heard by every staffs of the whole household.

Certain people are dying to see these 'friends' and if not for fear of upsetting their beloved Young Master and Young Miss by being overly nosy on their matters, they would have barged in at the first chance.

———————————————————
Shina's POV

I can see why everyone is excited, for a lack of better word.

It is true that neither Sei-nii and I invite anyone remotely close to our age unless they are business related.

Until now, that is.

I can still feel that concerned yet sparkling gaze of Hiroto from when he came in earlier to serve refreshments.

Hiroto tends to act as an overly-worried older brother towards me. To my knowledge, he sees me as a younger sister.

Sei-nii is my only Onii-chan, but I do not deny that it is nice of Hiroto to think affectionately of me.

I suppose it is my fragile disposition that moves the hearts of most to sympathise with my condition.

I am not quite sure how to feel about that.

"Do your best, Aomine-kun. The indoor gym you so want to play in is waiting for you," I tell him.

Though my flat tone and blank expression may have shown otherwise, I truly meant to motivate my dumb-dumb friend.

Judging from his exasperated expression, I didn't do so well.

Human is complicated.

It is hard for me to get a good grasp of my friends' characters.

Usually, neither Sei-nii nor I need to know more than there is to a person's mind towards business.

There is, but only one way I know of to work through someone's characters.

"Ne, Aomine-kun? Will you play shōgi with me later?" I ask sincerely.

Yes. That is the way Sei-nii taught me. I enjoy shōgi, love it even. Sei-nii is the best opponent of course.

Even so, a change of pace, and in this case, opponent, is necessary to refresh one's view and broaden one's mind.

The slight perk in my tone should show my enthusiasm and excitement at the prospect of playing shōgi with a new opponent.

So why is his expression even funnier now? I find it entertaining, certainly. But that should not be his reaction.

I invited Aomine-kun to a game of shōgi to know each other better! Why does he appear like I suggested a five-hours of continuous studies?