2.7 Betrayal

Days passed

Days passed. Alec was getting better. The two were getting closer each day. She trusted him with her life.

Robb was jealous of them. He tried to shut down his feelings for the princess but it didn't work. He decided that ignoring her would be the best option.

Arabella was like a fresh air in war to him. She was the most beautiful woman that he ever saw and that made him want to go to her every time he thought of her.

Arabella felt the distance Robb was keeping and it was making her anxious. That night she decided to go talk to him. "Why are you so nervous?" Alec laughed sitting down and eating. She was pacing from one side to another.

"Because I don't know what to say to him." she answered with a frown on her beautiful features.

"Just ask him why is he so cold to you" he advised her simply. She glared at him and sat down as well. "Tell me one thing, Bella. Do you have feelings for the King?"

She thought about that. She did feel tense when he was around or caught herself staring at his blue eyes from time to time. But she didn't know if it was love or not. She had never felt anything like that. "I-there is something." she sighed stressed.

"Then tell him. He will marry you." Alec shrugged not seeing a big problem.

"He is betrothed to another. I can't risk his life for that." she answered getting angry at her friend.

"Then he can keep you as his mistress then..."

"I'm a Princess." Arabella told him getting annoyed by Alec's stupid remarks.

"You're not here." he told her. Arabella scoffed angrily, stood up and left the tent.

It wasn't the safest option to go outside alone at evening. Arabella saw a dark shadow coming. It was Robb's direwolf Greywind. She got scared of its enormous size and took a step back. But all the wolf did was snuggling next to her leg. He wanted her to touch him. She did that slowly and cautiously. And then Greywind licked her hand. She smiled brightly.

"He likes you" she heard Robb's voice. He saw Greywind running to Arabella and couldn't keep away.

"I like him too." she answered still smiling at the wolf.

"Why are you alone in such time?" he asked her and she looked up at him her smile dropping a little.

"I wanted to see you. To ask you something." she began getting nervous. But their moment was interrupted by Roose Bolton and Catelyn who approached them.

"Can we speak in your tent?" Catelyn asked worried about something.

Robb caught her reaction and nodded. "Of course" he told her. Arabella decided to leave but Robb looked at her. "You can come too."

"Robb?" Catelyn asked him unsure of his mind.

"I trust her" he gave the princess a twinkle in his eye.

All of them walked into Robb's tent. "There was a raven sent from Winterfeel. Theon Greyjoy attacked Winterfell and is keeping it captive." Roose Bolton informed them. Robb widened his eyes. Arabella saw his hands squeezing from anger.

"I told you not to trust a Greyjoy!" Catelyn yelled furious and stressed.

"Your Grace, he has men with him. Let me send my bastard. He'll be honored to bring you his head." Roose spoke. Arabella looked back at Robb.

"Bring him alive." he then finally ordered. "I want to look him in the eyes and ask why. Then I'll execute him personally. Tell your bastard that I insist my brothers safety is paramount."

"Yes your Grace" Roose nodded and left.

"How can I win this war, if I can't keep my castle safe?!" he shouted to no one in particular as the two women stood there.

"Everything will alright." Arabella spoke in a calming face. He looked at he betrayed and hurt. Catelyn knew she would calm him down so she left silently.

"He was like my brother. How could he--" he didn't finish a sentence because she hugged him. He stood there still for a moment caught off guard but eventually hugged her small framed body. He hugged her strongly keeping his tears away.

In that moment when he crooked his head into her hair he knew he wanted to be with no one else but her. He loved her like no one before.

Arabella pulled away after a few minutes. "This is how life goes. Everyone betrays you, even people you consider family" she told him her own experience as he listened to her. "You need to be strong for this. For war. For me..." she smiled. He nodded mesmerized by her brown eyes. "Goodnight, Robb."

She left his tent. Her head felt dizzy as she came back to her tent. What Arabella saw shocked her. Jessabelle was kissing Alec passionately as they tore clothes off each other.

Vote, read, comment.