afraid

*
when i wake up,

im afraid,

that somebody else might take my place.

- the neighbourhood

*

Ashton's POV (surprise)

I ran out of my house, tears streaming down my face. My Mum must hate me. I never do anything she asks, which is so awful for her because it's just her by herself. She needs me. Why am I such a dick?

I walk down my street and wipe away my tears. I decided to walk to Alexia's house. I clean myself up and knock in her front door.

Soon a very sad looking Alexia opens the door. She had been crying.

"What's wrong?" I asks, rubbing the side of her arm.

"Just, just things. Don't worry about it," She says. "Why are you here?"

"Just family stuff. You know," I reply.

"Want to come in?" She asks moving away from the door to let me in. I nod and walk into the cool house.

"Just go through there I'm making some tea," She says pointing through a door.

I happily walk through, it was her lounge room. She had a blankets and pillows everywhere on a very wide lounge. I sit down on it before I hear her phone ringing. It was lying on top of the coffee table. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello, Alexia's phone, Ashton speaking," I say.

"U-uh, hi Ashton. Is Alexia there," A familiar voice asked.

"W-wait. Luke?" I ask.

"Um, yeah?"

"Why do you need to speak to Alexia?" I ask.

"For dinner tomorrow night, I don't know if she told you or not?" Luke said mumbling the last bit.

I quickly hang up and grab my own phone.

"Ali I'm going!" I yell to her.

I hear running as I open the front door.

"Wait, Ash, I made you tea!" She giggles and grabs my wrist. I wince at the pain.

"What the fuck, Ali?" I say.

"What?"

"Seriously? Luke?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Why are you going out to dinner with Luke?" I firmly ask.

Her bright eyes looked down at the ground. "Oh, um. I'm really sorry Ashton." She says.

"Why?" I ask again.

"Well, eh, Ashton. He is the special person in Maths. I like him a lot and I fucking hate myself for it, I wish the feelings would go away. But he asked me and at first I said no but then I felt really bad and he looked hurt so I changed my mind and I have been regretting my decision since I said yes and-" She was talking so fast she started crying.

I pulled her in for a hug and she cried into my chest. I was worried she was going to have a panic attack.

"I knew you would be angry so I didn't tell you," She whisperd.

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want you to get hurt by him. He's known to do that."

"Do what?" She asked looking up at me.

"Uh, nothing ," I say hugging her tighter.

I ended up staying for the tea she made. I didn't want to be an overprotective friend... but when it came to Luke, I felt like I had to. She ended up falling asleep in my arms, I slowly fell asleep after her.

"Ashton!" I wake up.

About two hours later, Alexia had woken me up.

"Hmmh?"

"It's almost 12, do you want to stay the night?" She asks.

"Yeah, sure. I'll just text mum first."

Alexia's POV

Ashton had a shower. I was on my MacBook. I was reading a blog made from Zoella. She is one of my favourite YouTubers so I like to read her updated blogs and videos.

"Ali?" I look up to see Ashton.

"Hmm?"

"I'm sorry about before I was just being a bit overprotective. I really shouldn't mind who you go on dates with. I'm sorry."

"Ashton, you don't have to say sorry, it's fine, I understand," I smile and he smiles back.

"I'm also sorry for being a bit rude and just ruining your night by barging in."

"Stop worrying. It's fine, anyway it can be a bit lonely sometimes."

He soon smiles and sit down next to me.

I put my laptop away and I get a text from my Aunt that my cousin was getting extremely sick. She wasn't going to able to come around for another week or two. That made me a little bit nervous at first, but nothing bad could possibly happen while she is away. Ashton said I was welcome anytime at his place, which makes me happy that he cares about me.

He makes me happy.

We ended up watching a movie and talked about life for almost two hours, before I set Ashton up in the spare room which had a bed and gave him some blankets and I went to my bedroom. I stayed up reading Looking for Alaska for until it was 4am and then went to sleep.

-

"No this is what you want!"

"You don't ever ask for my opinion so why should I-"

"I hate you!"

I wake up to hear these yells. I check my clock and it was 6am. They were coming from... Ashton?

It's a friday morning, why is he up at this time? I get out of bed and put on my trackies. As I exit my room the yelling stops. I knock on Ashton's door, I hear him say come in, so I slowly walk in to see a crying Ashton sitting on the edge of the bed. I go over to him and put my arm around his upper back and he pulls me into hug.

"What's wrong?" I whisper.

"C-Can I stay here for a few nights?" He asks.

I nod. "Of course."

I left Ashton in his room and started to get ready for school; shower, uniform, breakfast, make lunch and pack my bag.

Ashton comes running down the stairs and runs over to me while I was making my lunch.

"I'm just going out to get some of my stuff, but I'll be back shortly and we can walk to school together, okay?" He says, rushed.

"Yeah, sure," I smile and make Ashton some lunch as well after he leaves.

Why does Ashton like me?

And Michael.

What about Luke. Oh my gosh, I forgot about my date with him. I wonder if he's just doing it because he feels pity on me.

About half an hour passes and Ashton finally turns up. He gets dressed up stairs and then gets his lunch and we go to school.