Chapter 5

The applause and screams surround the make-up clad, dramatic costumed Elizabeth, her smiles all consuming the adoring fans in the O2 arena. She takes one last bow and thanks her fans before she leaves the stage in a river of of feathers, confetti and glitter.

As soon as Elizabeth gets backstage, she is drowned in the sea of congratulations, hugs and whistles. The concert has been a success, Elizabeth has done her fans proud and hopefully would have gained some more.

Happiness fills the air, Debrah, Elizabeth's manager is beaming, therefore everyone is too.

"Welcome hon. I'm so glad you're back. You belong on the stage." Debrah hugs Elizabeth once again, giving her a whiff off her expensive flowery perfume.

"Thanks Debs. I couldn't have got there, if it hadn't been for you."

"It's meant to be. Now go get changed Liz, so we can all celebrate together, in the after party." Debrah shoes Elizabeth good heartily in the direction of the changing room.

As soon as Elizabeth leaves Debrah, she is swept away by Scarlett. The girl's hook arms, their echoes of glee and happiness mingling with the chorus of enthusiasm from others. The atmosphere is buzzing with excitement and relief. 

The girls burst through Elizabeth's changing room door, both in uncontrollable hyperness, stumbling around clutching their stomachs in laughter, drunk on the high of the gig. Scarlett slurs something happily, as she skips out of the room to grab something.  

"Who would have known Lizzie you are such a song bird." the dark voice of Francis cuts through the laughter. His whistle and claps, shatter Elizabeth's blissful happiness. 

She freezes in shock, her body losing the momentum of adrenaline and stands still.

Please go away. Don't be here, anytime but not now. 

"What, cat your tongue?" he quirks twizzling on the make-up chair, to face her. 

Elizabeth stares at Francis, the demon creature and then he flashes a sly smile and there is a mischievous glint in his black eyes.

As Scarlett skips back into the room with a grin on her face clutching clothes in her hands, Francis flashes out. 

"What's the matter Liz?" Scarlett sobers up quickly as she realises her best friend is frozen, no longer with that care-free smile lighting her face but instead staring intently at the chair at her dressing table, looking slightly pale. 

Scarlett shakes Elizabeth gently as her friend is not replying to her question. 

"Honey, what's the matter?" 

"Nothing. Nothing at all.  I'm fine." Elizabeth bursts, breaking out of her trance.

"I just remembered something but it's OK. I'm sorry I looked slightly zoned out." Elizabeth rambles trying to ignore the mythical being that was in the room a minutes ago.  "Everything just got a little overwhelming for me there but I'm totally fine now." 

"Are you sure you're fine? Here's some water." Scarlett dumps her things on the end of the sofa and  striding to the fully stocked fridge, grabbing a water bottle from it and swiftly opening the cap handing it to her friend's shaking hands.

What had happened to Elizabeth in the few minutes, she had left her for? Maybe she isn't better after all? 

"Yeah I'm cool. Don't worry about me Scar. I spent a week at rehab, I'm fine now. I'm not crazy, you don't need to handle me with caution." Elizabeth says gratefully taking the water bottle from her. "Let's go outside, I need some air." She drags Scarlett out of the suffocating room.