Chapter 9

"Up in ten minutes, girls!"

"OK! Sure!" Both Elizabeth and Scarlett shout in unison at the technician man, standing at the dressing room doorway. Scarlett winks at him, making him blush and he stumbles out of the room clumsily.

"You just winked at Nelson Barcroft?" Elizabeth turns in surprise at Scarlett, with a grin on her face. 

"Mayybeee!" Scarlett smiles mischievously at Elizabeth. 

"Did something happen between you two?" Elizabeth's says her voice rising with each syllable. 

"What can you say, everyone wants some of red, hot Scarlett." She slips of the dressing table and twirls her skater skirt and flicks her hair, as she skips to the door to emphasize her point, before she leaves to get ready. 

Elizabeth giggles and shakes her head, knowing perfectly well how much of a flirt Scarlett can be but still having her morals in place, not turning into those girls, who give away too much, too easily 

----

"SO PICK YOURSELF UP,

EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, 

BECAUSE THERE'S ALWAYS GONNA BE STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY 

AND THE SUN WILL ALWAYS RISE

BRINGIN' A BRAND NEW DAY!" 

The energy courses through Elizabeth and her dance crew, the beat and pulse of the song pumping through their bodies enlightening them all. The cheers and adoring fans waving their glow-in-the-dark sticks and wristbands fuelling the electric atmosphere in the arena. The thrumming lights play off sweat glistening skin as Elizabeth fills the air with her voice.. 

Then, a particular, cheery voice carves into Elizabeth's ears.

"Woo woo Lizzie rock that stage! Woo!" She doesnn't understand how she can hear it over the booming noise of the arena but it's so stark against everything else.

She glances around, instantly recognising the devil voice, she spots Francis standing at the foot of the stage jumping up and down with his own multi-coloured glow stick, as if he's mocking the whole event. 

Elizabeth falters in mid-note, band automatically knowing something is wrong, followed by the dancers but no one shows any reaction. The nearest guitarist standing next to Elizabeth bravelly takes the spot light and improvises with his electric guitar, glancing uncertainly in the corner of his eye at Elizabeth, hoping she will be ready to come in after his piece.

What is she doing? The whole stage desperately tries to cover it up, unknowing of Elizabeth's fury. How could he turn up at a time like this, whilst so much depended on her performance?

Scarlett takes centre stage next to the lead guitarist doing her own improvisation, she know's what's going on but she is hoping her best friend will recover, hastily.

You bastard, piss off!

No, I've never been to a gig before.

Scarlett moves nearer to Elizabeth, urging her to dance with her, so the paralysed state she is currently, in will defrost out.

Come on Liz, snap out of it.  

Elizabeth slowly but surely joins in, finding her feet within minutes, she steps up behind the guitarist, squeezing his shoulder letting him know she is ready to go.

She belts out the song and the next three until her concert ends, with renewed energy, refreshing her team and her fans, packed into that arena.