Chapter 7

"CUPCAKE TIME!" Scarlett yells in the doorway of Elizabeth's home. Her blonde hair ruffled and her clothes crumpled, weighed down by two bags in each hand. 

Elizabeth stares in awe at her friend, eyes squinting in the bright sunlight with her very large bed head. The events of last night a distance memory as she stares at her grinning best friend. 

"Unless you have some superglue to fix my arms with, when they fall off, I suggest you move out the way Liz." She smiles, bustling through the mansion, with her overflowing bags.

Elizabeth rolls her eyes and shuts the door behind Scarlett, following her into the kitchen. Elizabeth is confronted by Scarlett, happily emptying the contents of the bags on her marble breakfast bar, so they clatter and thump heavily onto the surface

"I thought you said we were having cupcakes?" Elizabeth questions as she picks up a bag of flour.

"Yeah we will, once we make them. I don't think you even use this kitchen, it's way too clean, mate." Scarlett says as she begins to wizz around the room, opening all the cupboards grabbing utensils, bowls, baking trays anything else that will be useful in her baking craze..

Elizabeth just stands there watching her friend making herself at home, a genuine smile pulling on her lips. She couldn't help but love how Scarlett made her feel normal again, like there wasn't a the sword of Damocles dangling perilously above her head.  

Scarlett abruptly stops in her tracks, bowl raised in mid- air. "What you doing?Come on help me!" she shrieks. 

"Geez so demanding Scar." Elizabeth playfully says, as she is sucked out of her reverie, purposely nudging Scarlett as she walks past to reach another  apron for herself. 

The girls giggle as they measure, mix and pour the batter of the dozen's of cupcakes they bake. As the oven door closes on the final batch of the double chocolate cakes, there is a union of a satisfied sighs.

Scarlett and Elizabeth both stand there admiring the state of the kitchen. There is sticky mixture of flour and water blanketing the floor and work surfaces. Batter sludged on various other surfaces as well as the majority of contents of most of the cupboards, exploded around the kitchen. 

"Well that's how you use a kitchen." Scarlett dryly says, her hands on her hips, admiring it all. 

"Well thank you for abusing my kitchen. Poor thing is so broken." Elizabeth sadly says shaking her head, when really not caring much for the mess because she quite enjoyed it all. 

"Well if you react like that to a kitchen, I wonder what you'd be like, when you know how screwed up I am. Can't wait." The masculine voice cuts through Elizabeth's eardrums. She freezes in mid-head shake, her breathe catching in surprise. 

No not here. Go away!

Scarlett catches in the corner of her eye, the paralysed figure of Elizabeth. She fleetingly moves her eyes  around the room to catch the cause of Eliizabeth's trauma.

Scarlett's eyes finally land on the darkly dressed figure leaning against the doorway. He's wearing a leather jacket over a green t-shirt with dark jeans. Scarlett's heart drops and her breathe hitches but quickly reigns in her surprise.

She has seen one of these before. Horrible, twisted creatures, who get their pleasure in messing people up. Sadistic and so so manipulative, they stuck with you like leaches to a blood wound, until you reached that point that everything just feel away and you just had that one objective to release yourself from it.   

A Trickster.  

"What's the matter Liz?" she asks shakily, careful not to indicate that she is perfectly aware what is causing her friend distress.