3.Sweet Talk

오3. Sweet Talk

When your fingers touch my neck
I start to lose my breath
And when you kiss me just like that
(Oh baby, my baby)
'Cause you know how to read my mind
Telling you it's about that time
And nothing could be better

Giggling, I ran to my sister Maleeka and playfully tackled her in an embrace.

"Onika, I'm trying to sleep!" Maleeka groaned as she shoved a pillow in my face and pushed me off the bed.

"Hey, Leeka!" I squealed excitedly. 

"Make it quick, Onika. I'm trying to sleep. What's up?" Maleeka asked, stifling a yawn.

"Oh, nothing really. The girls and I were just wondering if you might want to come shopping with us," I said.

"The girls?" Maleeka inquired.

"Yeah, they're downstairs waiting on us," I replied enthusiastically.

"Fine," Maleeka sighed as she got up and walked into the bathroom. She briskly brushed her teeth and splashed water on her face before walking back out.

"Let's go," she said, exiting the room and descending the stairs.

After twenty minutes, they arrived at the mall. Walking inside, the cool air enveloped them.

"Finally," Maleeka smiled, relieved to be out of the heat. 

The massive mall spanned five floors. "Clothes or swimsuits first?" Robyn asked, letting Nicole decide.

"Clothes," Nicole replied, secretly hoping to find another cute dress.

"Okay, let's find a good store first," Robyn said, leading the way. 

They walked nearly the entire first floor before choosing Saint West. I smiled, "This is my favorite store." 

"Isn't the name a bit cheesy?" Maleeka questioned as they browsed the diverse selection.

"I know, but the clothes look good. Come on," I encouraged.

The inventory ranged from dresses, skirts, pants and various tops in myriad colors.

"What type of clothes are you looking for?" Robyn asked, eager to assist Nicole.

"Another dress," Nicole admitted shyly. 

Robyn gathered several options for Nicole to evaluate - a silky black dress, a frilly blue one, a strapless yellow, and an elegant white princess-style with a black sash. Nicole's eyes lit up at the white dress.

"That one," she declared decisively. 

Robyn put away the rejects and handed Nicole the dress to try on. Inside the changing room, Nicole take off her clothes and accessories, standing only in her lacy underwear. She pulled on the new dress but couldn't quite zip it up alone.

"Everything okay?" Robyn checked, hearing her struggle.

"I can't zip it. Can you help?" Nicole requested.

Robyn entered and shut the door. As Nicole faced the mirror, Robyn gently gripped her shoulders, leaning in close.

"You're going to look so cute!" Robyn enthused.

After shopping, the girls and I walked around there mall. "How about we get something to eat now? I could use a break," I asked while the girls walked along.

"Sure. How about that milkshake diner place over there?" Maleeka looked at the shop over to their right.

"I don't see why not," Robyn smiled once again.

They entered the diner and sat down at the booth.

Not that much later a waitress came to take their order.

"What can I get for you today?" The waitress asked.

"Five milkshake for us and a chicken salad for me," Robyn ordered first.

"Fries and a cheeseburger for me," Maleeka ordered.

"Two slices of pizza for me," I ordered.

"Chicken salad for me," Nicole ordered.

"Okay, coming up," The waitress waved as she walked away.

"If you weren't driving, I'd kiss you senseless," I tell him.

He swerves to the side of the road and stops the car abruptly.

"Not driving any more." He said pulling me onto his lap.

I stole a soft kiss from his lips. "Surprise attack." I said.

Jon leaned down and kissed me back, his mouth lingering on mine, teeth grazing my lower lip, making me shiver. "Surprise attack back." He said.

"Sneaky." I said, my voice breathier than I intended.

"So do you sweet talk all the girls or is it just me?" I asked.

"Nope, just you." He answered.

"So when did I become so special?" I asked.

"About six months before they announced that you would be doing the movie with me." He answered.

"You must think I'm stupid." I said.

"I don't think you're stupid." He said.

He closed his eyes "I think you're the smartest person I know. And the kindest. And..." he swallowed, opening his eyes to look directly at her - "the most beautiful." He said.

"We should have sex." I said.

"We will," he said, giving me a grin. "Not the way you mean."

"Come again?" I asked.

"And again and again." He said.

Rolling my eyes, I ignored his grin. "Do you want to go somewhere and have sex?" I asked.

"Sex sounds too clinical." He said.

"Fuck then." I said.

Jon frowned. "No, I fuck other women. I don't know what it would be called with you. Sex sounds like how my mom whispers the word though." He said.

"So do you want to go somewhere?" I asked.

"No." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're not looking at me like you did in the restaurant that day. You're looking at me like this is an errand you need to run. The Burger King you need to get out of your system. I want you to look at me like you did that day." He said.

"I don't know how I looked at you." I said.

"Don't expect me to imitate the facial expression. I only have three of them and I'm not angry or coming. That only leaves the expression you're looking at right now." He said.

"You're too fucking precious with all your sweet talk." I said.

Jon's eyes narrowed, but I saw him fighting a grin.