Chapter 3

I'm sitting in talking to my friends Heaven, Kel, and Pale. Kel is short for Kelly and Pale is short for Palette. Heaven is darkskin and cruvy Kel is light skinned and tall and Palette is mixed with white and Indian she's also tall. All us have been friends since middle school but Heaven has been my best friend since we was youngins. We was talking about what we was going to do tomorrow since it was the weekend I then received a text.

G: wassup babygirl

Me: wassup who is this G?

G: yea wyd shawty

Me: nun just sitting in class

G: oh you want to do some after school I'll pick you up

Me: like what

G: you'll see don't worry I won't hurt you

Me: I guess but I'll ttyl bell just rung

G: OK shawty

I was curious about why G wanted to see me I knew he was clearly older than me but I would be 16 in 8 more days but he still was 20. "Unique, you been in your own world all day and you barely been talking what's up with you is it your foster mom again," say Heaven caringly. "Oh girl I'm good just got a little cold and I've just been thinking about food all day," I say trying to sound like my normal self. I always talk about food I don't be hungry half of the time I love food so much to be so skinny but it just goes to my thighs and butt. "Lol, girl now I know you're okay if you still talking about food but next period will be lunch period so you'll be fine and we're getting Chick-fil-A." "Yess bitch you know I'm all in for that." We all laugh loudly then the teacher looks up "girls would you mind sharing with the class about why you feel the need to laugh." "Yes I was just saying how happy I am to be in your class right now and how happy I would be if I didn't have to hear you calling my name every five seconds," I say with sarcasm. Everyone laughs. "Excuse me Ms. Kirks but you have to fix your attitude because I will not deal with you and your friends behavior in my class every day you could nicely see me in detention Monday along with your friends.

The bell rings and I hurry to turn in my work and get out of the classroom. "Ms. Kirks I hope you have a nice weekend because I won't be calling your name every five seconds and I won't even be thinking it." I roll my eyes and walk away waiting for Heaven and the rest of the girls in our favorite place to eat I gave my money to Kel since she was going to get the food in her car. While waiting Palette sits with me and we talk about how mad the teacher got. "Omg, girl look it's Jay and the rest of the football players," says Palette. "Yea whatever girl he said I was tripping cause I left him on read without texting back"I said. "Owe girl he looks like he's walking over here." Jay was a football player with milk chocolate skin and mysterious eyes I think that's what I liked about him. "Hey Pale why your girl tripping?"says Jay. "Don't talk about me like I'm not sitting here cause I know you talking about me anyways" "Damn it's like that Unique I just want to talk to you but you be playing" "I didn't say you could sit next to me but what you want cause you want me to text you back so bad so here's my phone and I just texted back happy and you got all these other girls you can talk to and I'm sure they'll be very flattered" "Unique why you playing you know what I want I want you not everybody else and yes I am happy I will text you tonight you better text back unless you want me to be mad""Jay whatever I care nothing bout your feelings now bye." Just as Jay was walking away Heaven and Kel was coming with the food.

"Damn what took y'all so long you know I got to have my food,"I said jokingly. "Lol my bad girl I was trying to get through traffic it's so busy the sun finally came out though," says Kel. I met G after school and he introduced me to some of his friends that he work with. There was some guys​ named Hothead, Peanut, and Ant. Hothead was built broad like G he was mysterious though they said they called him hothead cause he was out in the streets since he was 6 his dad was a known OG and he could shoot one time and hit his target he seemed scary but I was used to people like him. Peanut was still in highschool they said he was book and street smart but he also was athletic but he worked cause he didn't have much he didn't know his father and his mother was dead so he lived with his grandmother. Ant was very tall and dark he was always in some type of fight he was also still in highschool he even took some classes with me but he was always a chilled person waiting to pop off. At one point of time he was in anger management but besides everything else he was book and street smart. "Don't I take Mrs. Anderson with you," Ant said "Yo that was funny when you put her in her place even I laughed when you told her to stop bugging she was petty for giving you detention though," he said. G chuckled and glanced at me while putting his arm around me "I told y'all she was savage. Afterwards G took me to get some to eat and get food.