chapter 14

I woke up to see G gone I looked around and his phone and a note with my name on it was sitting on the night stand. I grabbed the note and read it "Unique I love you and everything you do everything about you makes me smile and wonder why can anybody treat you so wrong. I know your past has been so crazy and that you don't know who to trust. Baby you changed me and I hope to change you into a happier person I can't promise you we'll be together forever but I can promise that I'll always love you cause no matter what love don't go away. Come see me in the kitchen when you get this note I love you" I went into the kitchen and saw a table with roses and bags that said Victoria secret, Citi trends, Footlocker, and JCPenney. I felt someone grab my waist and kissed my neck so I turned around and saw G there in a bathrobe "look at the gifts I bought u and hurry up before your bubble bath get cold," he whispered softly in my ear. I opened the Victoria secret bag first it contained perfume, laced bras, laced panties, and sleep wear. The Citi trends bag contained joggers, tank tops, jewelry, sandles, and jeans. The Footlocker bag contained Jordans with baby shoes to match, black Timberland's, demin Timberland's, and Nike filpflops. The JCPenney bag contained purses, a box with a diamond necklace, bathrobe, and diamond earrings. I got in the bubble bath and relaxed G moved his hands softly down my thighs as he bathed me. "How you feel babygirl ," G asked. We where interrupted when his phone rang "it's oka u can answer it," I assured him. It was Loyal calling "yo wassup," G said. "Damn, for real" "here I come." G hung up the phone and looked at me "baby come on get dressed I'll make it up to you later we got some business to take care of." I got dressed and we drove to the trap Loyal, Hothead, Ant, Peanut, and some others were there sitting. When we walked in the room grew quiet and everybody drew there attention to G. G pulled out a chair for me to sit and he stood behind me "so what happened ya'll can't play with me and my queen money she already stressing cause she pregnant," G spoked. I glanced at Hothead who looked back with anger in his eyes then he spoke "I already got the person who did it in the back," he said glancing at me then G. G whispered in my ear "stay in here so you won't get hurt and collect the money from everyone call me if they try anything stupid." I nodded then G handed me a gun.
  G and Hothead went into the back I told Ant and Loyal to round up the money and I asked Peanut and guy by the name of Yakki to help me count. I heard gunshots fire I started feeling weak in the stomach as if  something had happened and told Loyal to make sure G was good. I heard another gunshot and Loyal ran out and told me help him get G to the car I walked to the back to see Hothead and another guy laid in a puddle full of blood and G was walking holding his arm. I ran to G and took him to the car and Loyal drove I was in the backseat with G as we drove to the hospital "what happened baby," I asked while putting pressure on the bullet hole tears began to fall down my eyes "it's okay babygirl don't cry it just hit my arm Hothead set me up I shot the other guy then Hothead hit shot I was lucky to move and it hit my arm instead then Loyal shot Hothead in time enough for him not to be able to shoot again." "Unique how knew something was going down," Loyal asked. "I felt it in my stomach something felt funny and I saw the way Hothead was looking at me he seemed mysterious when I first met him," I said. G grabbed my hand and I kissed him. Loyal helped me walk G into the hospital the nurses rushed us to the back they told me to wait in the waiting room until they removed the bullet my mom, Trey, and Heaven waited in the waiting room with me. I cried and thought to myself what would've ​happened if I wasn't there if Loyal wasn't there if no one was there to help him my child would be without a father and be a victim to the streets and the system. Heaven embraced me in her arms "Unique it's okay at least he's still alive girl that was a blessing I remember you was always the person to tell others keep their head up but people never knew you was going through a hard time,"Heaven said. The doctor walked in "which one of you are Unique and who's Loyal," he asked as he approached. I stood up and looked at Loyal who walked over to where we were standing "he's been talking about you all day I will take you to the back to see him in a few minutes but first I wanted to tell you two that he's in good shape there's nothing wrong but he do need to rest we will let him out in the morning just keep him overnight. We prescribed some medicine just in case of pain make sure he gets some rest at least for a week."
  I walked into the room and saw G laying in the hospital bed a tear began to roll down my eyes I knew there had to be a God who saved us I realized I love G more than I thought I realized I was down for him no matter what. I hugged G and kissed him I let out a soft whimper as tears fell from my eyes G wiped my tears and spoke "why you crying babygirl I'm okay thank you for being so loyal to me when I first met you I knew it was something about you that was special, I was sitting praying and God showed me that we was supposed to be together for a reason and that we need to get save let the hood go," he said while looking firmly in my eyes. I smiled trying to hard not to cry at the words I was hearing "they gone let you out in the morning baby and coming home to us," I said while rubbing my stomach. I sat in a chair next to the hospital bed he was laying in. I sat there a while when my mom, Trey, Loyal, and Heaven walked in to see him so much had happened in one day it was beginning to get dark outside so everybody left. G began to talk "babygirl​ we need to get save and we got to start going to church we got a child now so we can't be living like this." I laid on top of him with my head in the arch of his neck we cuddled and found ourselves to sleep.