Chapter 11

When I woke up G was in the living room talking to someone I went down to see who and cook breakfast. G an older looking lady that looked as if she was in her early 40's and a girl that looked around my age but a bit younger was sitting there. "Hey babygirl this is my mom and little sister," G said as I approached. "Hey Unique I heard a lot about you when you gone pop out me some grandbabies my son seem serious about you he never stayed with other girls more than two days and you're so pretty," his mother said. "Thank you and I will gladly have his child soon I just don't know if now is the right time ," I replied. "Well it would be nice, you have changed my brother he ain't the same no more and that's why you would be a perfect fit but my name is Shannon but everybody call me Black," his sister said. G's sister was girly and tom boyish at the same time she seemed like a hood type girl who knew about the streets she also had a tattoo that said gangsta.  Their family seemed to be happy they had nothing missing but their father who was still in prison for murder and selling drugs. "Babygirl go put on some clothes so we all can go get some to breakfast and go to my mama house," G said. "Oh I was about to go cook some breakfast baby but I'm about to put some clothes on because it's rude for me to walk around in my sleep clothes while people are here," I said. "Not only is she pretty but she cooks my son got a keeper and if he hurt tell me cause he ain't too old for me to use the belt on him," he mother said. I took a quick shower and put on clothes then I went into the kitchen to cook eggs, bacon, and waffles. We all sat at the table to eat after we got done eating I cleaned the dishes and we went to G's mom house. "Unique you ready to go back to school I be seeing you around school but you always seem to be one of the stuck up types but now I know you're not. Well I really thought Palette was stuck up so I thought u was like her but you different you have your own vibe," Black said. "Oh well I know what you mean Palette isn't really a person I roll with anymore I can't fuck everybody like that anymore you know you learn who really down for you in middle school and high school. If anyone ask me I always had one best friend she was the only one to keep it real with me and that's Heaven," I said. "I understand but I never really vibe with people like you do people think I'm just this hard body girl and I kind of am I don't take shit from people I used to watch how everything went on and it seems like everything just fall apart my brother used to be hard to talk to disrespectful and out of it but when you came around everything seems to be getting better. I think you change the way he see the world we used to watch our dad hit our mom boss her around do her any kind of way so G became my father but you came in his life he treat you and his family different and I'm glad you came along," black said. A tear rolled down her eye as I watch the tear I began to cry myself I thought to myself I was always loyal to the people around me but they hurt me I don't want to get hurt again. I quickly wipe my tear so no one could see. I wrapped my arm around her giving her a shoulder to cry on I never had a sister but it seem as if she was my little sister I always been there for others but I always cried along so others wouldn't see because I wanted people to know I was strong and was feeling fine. Black went inside the house but I stayed outside to think. I felt like the world was revolving around me and I in the middle sitting still trying to figure out what my next steps would be. I began to think about the words that echoed that everybody keep repeating "when you going to have his child" truth is it scares me to have a child by someone who I don't know will be there or not. G came outside and sat next to me but I was lost in my thoughts I felt like a lost girl trying to find the women she's supposed to be. "Why you just sitting out here along my family ain't gone bite what's wrong babygirl you need something," G said curiously. "Nothing sometimes I just be thinking like who am I sometimes I feel lost but I was just thinking like am I really ready to have a baby by you but for some I'm just scared I ain't trying to be one of those women who taking care of a child by their selves I know what type of person you are so I know you gone leave me I know I'm independent and strong but I don't know how to get through with a child on my own. I feel like having a child will fill the hole in my heart and make me happy but I can't do it alone," I said trying to hold back tears. "Damn babygirl we done already had this discussion I promise it ain't gone be like that I ain't gone hurt you ma you my future wife just stay down for me baby," G said then leaned in for a kiss I hesitated to kiss him for a moment but I did I was starting to believe everything he was telling me I felt like he filling my head up but I didn't care anymore it is what it is. We went inside and looked at pictures of their family they seemed to be a happy family other all they went through you would think they was perfect.

  I meant cousins and all but I knew tomorrow would be the last day before we would be back in school and I wasn't ready so I wanted the last two days to go by as slow as possible. We left and went to the hospital to check on Heaven I dreaded walking in the hospital it was full of unpleasant memories that I wanted to erase but I was determined to see my best friend. "Hey boo how you holding up how the baby and when will you be getting out this place girl," I said trying to keep from crying over her. "They said they gone let me out later on today but the baby is fine and we're both healthy but they said they want me to see a counselor or somebody that can help me I'm sorry about last night best friend I just wanted to be free," Heaven said. "It's okay I love you and everything will be just fine I'll always be here with you so don't worry about anything." I embraced her in my arms and felt like nothing could break us apart I saw a tear rolled down her eyes so I kept hugging her and wiping her tears away I knew she had a lot built-up so I wanted her to let everything out. "Stay strong best friend I love you I got to go but I'll see you later let it all out we will always be not only best friends but sisters. When I got to his house I cleaned the house and laid in bed flicking through the channels I felt like watching cartoons so I stopped at the boomerang channel G got in the shower then laid next to me. "What you doing watching cartoons I didn't think you liked cartoons this my shit but you ready to try to get my baby we can start now," he said. I smiled and looked in his eyes I never noticed them they showed you his emotions that he never showed "yeah I'm ready," I said and I meant it I really was ready.