Just Wait

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

There was no way...it wasn't possible...I didn't think it was possible anyway...Amara did this...? I don't understand...

Dean and I stood back to back while Melissa's not-so-dead father stared back at me with a confused wide eyed expression. Sure, I'm a little older than the last time we saw each other and more than a lot has changed since then but I saw it in his eyes that he recognized me...he knew who I was...and yet he was still frozen in place, trying to process why I looked older...why I looked different...

It took a lot to throw William Stern off his toes...and this was it. Back from the dead. Face to face with me, a not-so-little girl who had always looked up to him like he was a second father. After all these years I didn't realize how affected I was by his absence...until this very moment.

"Will?" Mary voiced cautiously.

Her tone wasn't confused to see him though, she was communicating silently with him, trying to make sense of what was happening. They didn't seem shocked at all to see one another...which made me wonder if they remembered their Heavens and if they were connected in some way. It would make sense. They were family.

But he couldn't answer her. He couldn't bring himself to draw his attention away from me.

"I...uhh...are you...really real...?" I heard Dean wonder as he slowly took one step at a time toward his mother.

There was a long silence and then I heard Dean grunt as a loud thump followed his groan. I looked over my shoulder to see Mary holding Dean's arm up in the air while her foot fell into the crook of his neck.

"Where are we? Who the hell are you?" she demanded.

I couldn't even move to help Dean. I just looked back at Will, unsure of what to do or what to make of this entire situation and he never took his eyes off of me, revealing that he was feeling the same way that I was.

"I'm Dean Winchester. I'm your son!" Dean coughed out.

"No. My Dean is 4 years old."

"I was when you died..." he breathed out.

When I looked back I saw Mary gasp as she let go of Dean and took a step back. That's when I forced myself to finally move to Dean's side and I helped him up.

"Mom. Listen to me. Your name is Mary Sandra Campbell, okay? You were born December 5, 1954, to Samuel and Deanna Campbell. Your father, he bounced around a lot for, uh, work, and you bounced right along with him, and you ended up in Lawrence, Kansas." Dean spoke fast.

"How do you know all that?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Dad told me. March 23, 1972, you and Will walk out of a movie theater. Slaughterhouse-Five. You loved it and then you bumped into a big Marine and you knocked him flat on his ass. You were embarrassed, and he laughed it off, said you could make it up to him with a cup of coffee. So, you went to, uh, Mulroney's and you talked and he was cute and he knew the words to every Zeppelin song, so when he asked you for your number, you gave it to him, even though you knew your dad would be pissed."

I looked over at Will and added, "It was your idea. You thought they would make a cute couple so you told the marine what time the movie would start so that the three of you could watch it together, you would assess their chemistry and then slip out half way through but he was so nervous he lost track of time and so you stayed, thinking he bailed...and then he showed up right at the end...right at the right moment...and that's when you made yourself scarce so that they could finish the night strong..."