True Strength

"No, you listen to me. Look, thank you. Thank you. Knowing you, it...it's been the best part of my life. And the things that...the things we've shared together, they have changed me. You're my family. I love you. I love all of you. Just please...please, don't make my last moments be spent watching you die. Just run. Save yourselves. And I will hold Ramiel off as long as I can..."

Cas' words echoed in my mind like a knife stabbing me in the chest because even while he was dying, Cas was thinking about us in his final moments. The Lance of Michael really did a number on him and I really didn't think he was going to make it. So I'm pretty sure that my anger was justifiable when we found out that Mary and dad were responsible.

"Just hear us out. Please." Mary begged us as we were all gathered in the war room, discussing the fact that both her and my own father had been working with those British bastards behind our backs.

"Wow. Just wow" Dean shook his head and paced away.

"Dean, the British Men of Letters are doing what we're doing, it's just a better way. Look, we're not blind to who they are or what they've done, but..." dad tried explaining but we didn't want to hear it.

I could barely look at him.

"When? When did you start working with them?" Sam demanded.

"Since before the lake house." Mary admitted and he just scoffed. "It wasn't Wally that brought us that case."

"You were running an errand for the Brits. And you kept it from us. Cas almost died." I spat at both of them.

"A Hunter got killed. A good man got killed," Brit added with just as much venom.

"You think we don't know? We're the ones who burned his body. We're the ones who told his wife. We will watch him die every night." Mary tried defending themselves.

"Good" Dean grunted and the rage in his eyes was evident as the two of them just stared at one another.

"Hey, Dean. Come on, give your mom a break. She's doing this for you. She's playing three decades of catch up here..." dad tried to intervene which just pissed me off even more.

"And Sam and Dean aren't? Seriously? You want them to give her a break? That's all they've been doing!" I snapped earning everyone's gaze.

"Mel..." Sam started to speak but I saw the way Brit moved to his side and placed a hand on his arm. When he looked down at her, he saw the fury in her eyes as she kept her glare focused on Mary and dad.

Sam's voice sounded fragile though and even though he attempted in trying to get me not to say anything, he was unsuccessful because hearing the timidness and the despair in his voice just made me get even more fired up. It probably wasn't my place to say anything about how the boys felt and how they had been effected by everything that's happened but I could feel myself going into protective mode. And I couldn't stop it. This was my family and what Mary and my father were doing was hurting my family. And no one gets to walk away scott free after hurting the people I love.

My glare went from dad to Mary and I slowly started to approach her.

"How do you think this has been for them? They are your sons and you have been gone. Their whole lives, you've been gone. You said that you needed time. No, you said you need space. So they gave you your space. But you didn't need just space. No, you needed space from them." I gritted my teeth and clenched my fist, fighting every urge to just knock some sense into her.

"Melissa!" my father scolded.

"And you! What kind of father sides with the people who physically and mentally beat the shit out of his daughter!"