You With Me? Part 2

Dean

"You didn't tell her?" Sam asked as we trudged through the woods to create as much distance as possible between us and the douchebags we were leaving in our dust.

"I didn't really want to get in it with her right now, Sam. You want to call Melissa back and tell her what we did then be my guest" I snapped, not wanting to think about how this will effect the girls...or about what kind of trouble they've gotten themselves into while we've been gone.

"You're right. It's probably best that you didn't tell her. So we got what? An hour 'til dark? Which puts us at six hours 'til midnight?"

"That sounds about right."

"Dean, we gotta talk about this." he sighed.

"Okay, we will. All right? Later." I told him, pushing off the inevitable for as long as possible.

I noticed that the enemy was closing in so we hid behind a tree and waited for the right moment as one of the soldiers started closing in. When he was far enough away from his troop, Sam tackled him down and put him in a choke hold until he fell unconscious.

"Norton? Norton, this is Sanchez, do you copy?" I heard a voice buzzing in from his radio.

As Sam grabbed his gun, I grabbed the radio. "Norton has gone night-night."

"Winchester."

"This is the man in charge?"

"That's right."

"Well, let me tell you how this is gonna go. You're gonna call your boys, and you're gonna turn around, and nobody's gonna get hurt."

"No, no. This is how it's gonna go. I take my highly trained soldiers, track your ass down, and you get hurt. A lot. You can't run forever. You're trapped out here."

"Well, what we have here is a failure to communicate. 'Cause we're not trapped out here with you. You're trapped out here with us." I informed him and then dropped the radio into the leaves and Sam and I kept running.

They had no idea who they were messing with.

"What do you mean you're going out?" I snapped at Mel as she paced around the bedroom while throwing various clothes on and off her body.

Maya barked at the tone in my voice but I just glared back down at her. Then I looked up and saw our bedroom door was open which was right across the hall from Jesse's so I moved to shut it all the way because listening to me and Mel constantly argue all the time probably got old for him.

"Exactly what I said, Dean. I'm going out. I'm not babysitting your drunk ass tonight"

"Excuse me? My drunk ass?"

"Is there an echo in this room or something?"

"What about Abbey and Chris?"

"Abbey and Chris have their own lives, Dean. If you paid attention to what went on around you, you would know that today is date night and Jesse has the science club until 8. His friend is bringing him home afterward and I'd appreciate it if you would take a night off the drinking so you can actually be present for when he gets backs"

How did I forget Jesse wasn't even home?

Every word that came out of her mouth was meant to hurt me, and it did, but it also made me angry.

"Can you stop moving for one second?"

"No, because if I stop then we'll start fighting and I really don't feel like fighting again" she rolled her eyes but never once looked directly at me.