01. The Meeting

Alyssa

"Lyss, you have a meeting today at nine, we need to sign a contract for partnership." "You know I'm doing just fine Henry, I don't need another company to help me, it's probably them who needs help right now." I groaned. "Yeah you may be right but it will help us and the company won't be able to rise any higher than yours." Henry replied as I got out of bed stifling a yawn.

"Lyss! Do not tell me you have just got out of bed!" He scolded. "Henry! you know I don't take as much time as other girls to get ready, besides I'm already a goddess." I chuckle. "Yeah yeah just hurry up and don't be late for the meeting today."

"How many times have I told you that I don't care." I stated and cut the call. I rushed to the bathroom trying to brush my teeth while tying my hair into a tight ponytail. Multi-tasking is the only word I know in the morning because I always have a tendency to wake up very, very late.

I take a glance at the mirror, smoothing my baggy t-shirt and navy blue jeans. Yes, my normal attire. I am not to big on the office 'appropriate' clothes. That's why many business men like me and my rules of being strict, hardworking, but also being comfy. I even let my employees wear whatever the heck they wanted but most just decided to keep the 'appropriate' rules and wore suits and skirts.

Snapping out of my thoughts I rushed to my motorcycle completely forgetting the most important meal of the day and sped off.

                                                                                         ***

Does it make you feel alive when the wind rushes behind you and your hair blows freely? Does it make you feel alive as you run with the wind making it seem as your flying?  I feel alive every single time I ride on my motorcycle, may it be 5 minutes or an hour, it feels like your flying every time you ride it.

I take out my baby for a ride almost every day, not wanting to miss the wind flowing through my hair and the buzzing sound in my ear after I ride it. I quickly slam my foot on the pedal because I was about to go past my parking spot.

 The stress of the next meeting pulls me out of my daydream and I quickly forget about getting my coffee at the last second and just walk into my office with a bad mood and hungry stomach.

I knew something bad was bound to happen today, only because Mondays are my torture days. I quickly greet all my office members almost running  into a few of them. Almost there come on! Walk faster, run if you have to! There is only a minute left to be on time. My mind screamed.

Just in time. I thought as I huffed. I stood behind my meeting room door. "This just might be the most 'important' of your life." Henry had said. I really wasn't up to do this meeting today. After all it was a Monday morning, something had to go wrong. I had this huge feeling nagging in the back of my head that if I stepped into the meeting room today I would regret it.

I dismiss the feeling, this was just a normal torture Monday morning, what could possibly go wrong? "Everything." The devil whispered in the back of my head. "Here goes nothing." I murmur and open the door.

I stand there shocked at the person sitting on the chair facing the door...it was no one other than Cole Anderson