Those Damn Churros

The orchard fair was well, very festive. There were club stalls, encouraging students to join their club. The only thing I was interested at was the "Heavenly Churros Station". Their churros really did taste like Heaven.

"Hey Ellie! How many have you eaten?" Luna asked, gesturing at the half-eaten churros at my hand.

"Uh, I lost track," I admitted. She laughed and took a bite from mine.

"Hey! No fair!" I protested. She turned to the girl behind the counter and asked,

"Miss, who owns the company?"

"Oh, Mr. Lex Luthor does. He even bakes these himself using the family recipe," she replied.

I froze. Then I ran back to our dorm room.

I went to our bathroom and splashed cold water on my face.

I heard the door open and close.

"Elle? You all right?" Luna asked.

"Geez Luna, do I look like I'm all right?" I snapped.

"Sorry, um, let's go for a walk shall we?" she said apologetically.

I wiped my face with a tissue and went out of the dorm.

"So, you and your family really have a thing with Luthors huh?" she said.

"Yeah. I mean, how can you not hold a grudge with a family who tried to kill your uncle a bajillion times?" I replied.

Luna just shrugged.

"Fine, whatever. I promise we'll go back to the fair but I gotta call mom and dad. I did promise them I'd call." I said. Sometimes, talking to Luna felt like talking to a child.

I took my phone and dialed mom's number. Mom picked up immediately.

"Marielle? What's wrong?" she said.

"I'm fine mom. Well..." I replied.

"Well what?"

"I've eaten tons of churros made by um, Lex Luthor himself,"

"You WHAT?!"

"I know mom. I'm sorry. I didn't even know. If Luna hadn't asked the cashier..."

"Well thank Luna for that! Your father and I are picking you up tomorrow. Meet us in the lobby at 12 noon,"

"Wait what?"

"Well, we gotta make sure that you're alright and all. Who knows what Lex put in those churros..."

"Fine, mom. Tomorrow 12 noon at the lobby it is" then, I hang up.