Back Home - Chapter 13

Chapter 13

As soon as everyone left it was just Chase, Carly and I.  Carly was helping clean even though I kept telling her it was her birthday and she shouldn’t be helping.

“So when are you coming home?” Carly asked as she handed me a plate to dry.

“Um, I was thinking today, it’s just that, I think I should apologize to Jason, I’ve been kind of hard on him.”

She smiled, and nodded, focusing on washing the plates.  We washed everything and put them away in a silence.

I walked over to Chase, “Hey.”

“Hey,” he said looking up at me.

“So you’re going home?” he asked.

I nodded and sat down next to him on the couch.

“I’ll see you tomorrow though?” I asked leaning my head on his shoulder.

“Sure, come over whenever.”

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.  Looking over, I saw Carly waiting by the door for me.

“Bye,” I said giving him a hug before running straight out the door to Carly.  I hopped in her car and put on my seatbelt.  She sped off towards my house.

We pulled into the driveway, and got out.  I looked at the house nervously, curling my fingers into fists, trying to stop shaking.

                                                                        ~~~~

It had been an hour since I got home, and I sat in my room waiting for everyone to get home.  I threw my book down on my bed and got up, walking in the hallway and down the stairs.  I took out a bunch of food and a recipe.  Tonight it was Taco night, so I decided to change it up and make regular and spaghetti tacos.

After an hour of cooking everything to perfection I set it on the table and made a plate for myself.  I poured some milk and took my food up to my room.  I turned on my TV and started eating.  Every few minutes I would look out the window hoping they would come in, but they never did.  It was starting to get late so I slipped on my pajamas and went to bed.

                                                                       ~~~~

Looking around I saw I was in the woods, in complete darkness.  I saw something moving, slowly in a circle around me, but I couldn’t make out what it was.  Suddenly it stopped; sitting down, its yellow eyes followed my every move.  I took a step back, tripping on a tree root sticking out of the ground and falling straight to the ground.  The wolf came out of the trees, coming closer to me.  My mind told me to run, but my feet wouldn’t budge.  I watched as it came closer, and closer.  Soon it was right next to me, nudging my hand.  I lifted my hand and pet it.  I watched as it slowly circled around me.  Suddenly, the wolf didn’t seem friendly, or safe, anymore.  It stopped, and crouched down, jumping.                                                  Towards me.

                                                                     ~~~~

I woke up and looked around my room, feeling as if something was different.  My head snapped at the knock at the door.

The door creaked in, “Zoey?”

“Yeah?” I asked Carly as she shut the door and walked to me.