Back Home - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I turned around to an angry Jason. 

He was fuming, “Zoey what were you thinking?” He asked.

“What, I didn’t do anything wrong,” I said trying to stay calm.

“You went off with that thing onto his land, Zoey do you know how much danger you could’ve been in?” he asked.

By now I was fuming, “Jason, do you not realize that Chase is my mate, do you not realize I can take care of myself, do you not realize that maybe I’m not that little girl who needs protecting anymore?”

He looked at me before turning and ripping my door off its hinges before walking to his room and slamming the door.

“Great now I need another new door,” I muttered placing the door on the closest wall.  I walked downstairs and got some water before walking out on the porch and sitting on the bench.

The door opened and I looked out of the corner of my eye, it was Carly.

“What are you still doing here?” I asked her confused.

She blushed a deep red and replied, “I’m staying with Jeremy.”

I nodded and she sat down next to me, “What happened up there Zoey?”

“I don’t know,” I said burying my face in my hands and letting out the sobs.  She rubbed my back trying to comfort me.

“I just don’t know anymore Carly,” I sobbed.

~~~~

I opened my eyes staring at the ceiling.  What did happen last night?  I need to get to the bottom of this.

I walked downstairs and knocked on my dad’s study.

“Come in,” He said.

I walked in, “Dad I have something to ask you,” I said.

“And what would that be?” He asked looking up at me.

“Why does Jason hate the Campbell pack so much?” I asked.

“You’ll have to ask Jason that isn’t my story to tell,” He said, “Why do you ask?”

“Well Chase is my mate,” I said looking down at my thumbs.

I looked up at my father who had a worried look on his face.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“I’m positive,” I said.

“Zoey, please ask your brother and let him explain,” he said with a sigh.

I nodded and got up, “Oh and one more thing,” He said, “be careful.”

I nodded again and walked out shutting the door behind me.

I had to face him, right now.  I walked to the kitchen and everyone went silent, looking at me.

“Jason, can I talk to you?” I asked softly.

He quickly walked past me to the living room.  He sat down on the couch and stared straight forward.

“it was a month after you left,” He started.

“I swore I was in love with Marissa, but I knew she wasn’t my mate, I was just too caught up in everything.”

I nodded urging him to go on.

“I went to her house one day and found her with Chase,” He said saying his name in disgust, “She dumped me for him and then he just threw her away like a tissue; I had two more girlfriends after her and I found both of them with Chase.”