1.Packing for the Unexpected

My senior year is finally over. I have waited for years for this day to come; the day I go out West with my best friends. I have been waiting for so long to go here with my best friends, to show them where my passions started. I've been a photographer for four years all because of a trip I took in my freshman year. I call Meg to check on her, "Hey, Alay, um, question. How long is the flight to Salt Lake?"

  ' Forth time' I think to myself. "About four and a half hours from Detroit. Yes bring your laptop, yes planes have WiFi now"

   "How many bathing suits should I bring? I know we're going for a month, but how much are we really going to be swimming? Well, I'll be tanning a lot I guess." Meg kept talking about something, but I got another call.

  "Just bring 'em all, I guess. But hey, I gotta let you go, ive got another call." she said bye, and I hung up and took the other call. As soon as I took the call I hear a loud shout from the background. 'So she's babysitting today I guess, so much for getting pizza'.

  "Alay, I cant go for pizza today, I'm babysitting my siblings and they have friends over!!!" Jamie screams into the phone.

   " I kinda figured, with all the screaming in the background!"

  " Okay, but, have you finished packing yet? We lave for Megan's at 11 tomorrow and if you're not packed by time I pull up in your diveway I am going to cry," I kid with her," but seriously be ready when I get there."

  " OKAYOKAYOKAY I GET IT! Jeez, calm down, I'll be ready. I should pack for a month right? because I don't have enough clothes. OHWAIT we have a washer. Okay, I'll pack for half the trip and wash everything... Sorry I'm rambling, anyways, let's just get lunch in Salt Lake?"

   " Ooh I know the best Thai food place ever! Downtown by the mall. This will be legen- wait for it -dary!!" my fandom refreances get a little out of hand sometimes, I'm surprised I still have friends, "anyways, it's okay."

   " Sweet. GET OUT OF THE DOG CAGE ALREADY!!!!" again, she yells at her brother, "Alay, I have to go. Text you later!" Jamie hung up.

   I drag out my huge  cosmetic bag that I've had since I was 11 and start loading it with shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and anything and everything else I might need while in the desert. As I go through my things to put in my case, I begin to feel a drop in my gut. I know this feeling and it absolutely is not a one I want to feel before a flight the next morning, but its too late and is probably just  bit of nerves before I leave home the first time for so long. But I can't help but feel something bad is going to happen over the net month that will be huge... By the time I'm done packing the feeling is mostly gone, and all I have to do is pack up my phone and laptop into my large canvas bag covered in my fandom buttons. That's going to be fun at security I think to myself, so I jam them into a little pocket in my bad that I'm going to have checked so I wont have to deal with all that crap tomorrow.

  I go downstairs for a late dinner, to see what my mom has cooked up this time, only to find a note on the granite countertop. A bit spooked, I walk over and read in my mothers fancy writing "Me and your dad have gone out to dinner with Suzie tonight; be home by 11:30 if you go out tonight. -Mom" So instinctively I order from Louie's pizza. I soon get very bored so I turn on Netflix and watch an episode of Psych that I've probably seen 8 times by now. Its already 12 and my parents still aren't home, I assume they're back at Suzie's house so I just go upstairs and crawl into my bed.

  As I lie there, I create scenarios in my head; swimming in crystal clear pools, lux malls, and iced vanilla fraps. Soon, I get tired and check my cell for any texts, and see one from each Megan and Jamie.  Megan: 'All packed and ready! Hopefully Ivy won't eat through my bag again xD' , Jamie: 'So, I'm packed and ready, see you tomorrow!'. I put down my phone and slowly drift asleep.