13. Hands up, Cold Sare

After a 3 hour drive through the evening,  turns out the storage warehouse has been demolished . "All this way for nothing. Dammit!" Jack huffs out, pounding the stearing wheel.

   "I thought I saw a building a while back, lets try that," the Doctor says, trying to calm down Jack from his fit.

    "Doctor, are you sure? if it won't hold them we have nothing."

   "Its worth a shot."

    For an hour and a half, we drive through the desert at night, spotting 2 angels near the road. The building isn't big, at all. It looks as big as a double-wide trailer. We all peek around inside the building. Chemicals, test tubes, scalplels, and old animal corpses in cages. It was an old test facility from the 90's that got abandoned during to a rogue experiment.

   "Good news! I found a staircase and looks like this place has a massive underground. Cages and lots of little cells. Perfect for our freaky stone friends," Jack says after snooping around the basement for a while.

   "Alay, I'm going to go check this out, be careful. Run down of there's any angels," Ben says, kissing my nose and running down the stairs.

   "Lets go follow them," Jamie suggests,  quickly shot down.

    "No, we stay here incase of anything happening up here. This place needs to be prepped to have angels running through here. We can't have the lights going out on us with the angels on out trail," the Doctor pulls out his sonic and the lights all go on. The sonic makes a weird noise I havnt heard before. "Ooh, that's a bit not good. Very not good. You lot run downstairs and find a safe place and turn the lights on and I'll see you down there. Angels are coming. 17 of them." He gives Jamie a hug and we sprint down the stairwell.

   "Jack, where are you two?!" Megan frantically yells, echoing through the complex.

   "Were fine! Any trouble?" he shouts back.

   "Angels incoming! Hide, now!" We all come together in a group and run down the long hallway to a room with a keycard slider. "How do we get in?" I ask.

   Jack pulls out a pistol that was in his pocket, hidden by his coat. "Doesn't mean I'm not still happy to see you, Meg," he says winking at Megan.

   "JUST OPEN THE DOOR!" the rest of us yell collectively.

   Jack tells us to stand back and cover our ears. He shoots the key swipe and kicks the door in. I flick on the light and lock the door behind me. We pull a table over to rhe corner and all crawl underneath to remain hidden. Jack stands directly by the door, gun drawn and ready to fire. I hear the sonic and the door opens and the Doctor comes in and locks the door behind him.

    "They're following me, but I lost them. They'll be searching for us." The lights flicker for a split second. "I've scrambled the signals on the main scanner so they will look for us a few floors down. The sonic will tell me when they reach that point and I'll call for the TARDIS. Once they reach that point and see we aren't there they will be pissed. We'll have to run and lock the door to the stairwell and run to the TARDIS. If we get touched and sent back we have to surrender.  All of us. From there we can go back to this point. Questions? "

    "How do we know if we end up at the same time?" Ben asks.

   "I've lost friends to them, I know exactly where we end up. Always the same. Plus it wouldnt be that hard to find out, I could track you in the TARDIS."

   The sonic goes 'ding'. "Let's move," Jack says, leading us out, gin still pointed. As we sprint out the room,  I get a sick feeling. Everything goes in slow motion as I hear two screams frim behind me and I snap around. An angel holds onto Ben and Jamie. Boom.

  Gone. A scream escapes me. "Alay, don't stop!  We can go back!" Too late. I put out a hand and close my eyes. I feel a cold hand clasp around my wrist. I open my eyes and as I fly back in time, I see the angel, I look at her, she's not stone, she's a person. Long black hair, crying. She looks so lonely. I stop flying and her face returns to its menacing stone snarl, even more devious than before, like she wanted to kill me this time.

    I now stand in the middle of Central Park, New York City, 1923. Jamie is sitting on the grass, pulling it out of the ground as Ben paces in a circle around her, pulling his hair.

   I stand about 20 yards away, they don't see me yet. "Guys, I'm sorry, I jumped back too." Immediately I get tackled to the ground by both of them. "Oh, oh god, STOP. GET OFF." 

   They laugh in a bit of relief, "why'd you do that?" they ask. I don't even know. One of my best friends and my boyfriend got taken, I know we could save them, but put myself in danger anyways.

   "Because," I say to Ben, "you would be amazed how easy it is to lose Jamie." Ben laughs as Jamie smacks me in the face.

   "You twot!  You couldn't have known where you'd end up! Dammit Alay, you're so stupid!" Jamie says.

   She loves me, just a funny way of showing it.