2.Getting on a Plane

"GET YOUR BAGS IM ALMOST THERE!" I shout into my phone as I hang up the phone. I drive furiously down the street to pick up Jamie. I hurry up and skip puling in the driveway and just park on the side of her yard and yell for her out the window, "I'M HERE!!" I hope there's light traffic on the highway so I can make it to Megan's house in time and get to the airport on time.

  Jamie throws her bag in the trunk with a thud and slams the lid. She gets in the car and buckles up for my quick depart. "So, having a bit of a time crunch, are we?" as she turns one the radio, careful not to smudge her, obviously freshly painted-black nails.

  "Yeah, I just hope that Megan is ready to go already, can you call her for me? my phones in the cup-holder." I say.

   " Sure," she dials Megan, " Hey, its Jamie, you ready?... Well hurry up! Flight is at.. 12:30. Okay, see you soon, bye." She talks to me now," Are you excited? I didn't sleep last night!"

  "Super exited! I've been planning this since freshman year, remember? You are going to love it here, promise." Finally going back to my desert paradise! I think to myself. "How often do people get to do this, travel with their selected family?" I laugh.

  "London next year though, right?"

  " If we can all work up enough money, sure" I smile at the thought of going to see the city where all my favorite stories start out.

   We drive the remaining mile just listening to Imagine Dragons and singing along. Jamie has an amazing voice so about halfway through the song I shut up and just listen to my best friend sing my favorite song.

   After arriving at Megan's house, I tell her little brother to get her and carry her bag, knowing she'll tell him to do it anyways. Megan comes out of the front door  of her absolutely fabulous lux house in flip-flops, and huge sunglasses. Her brother puts her bag in the trunk and closes it with a slam. Megan runs over to my car and jumps in the backseat,"Heyy guys! Ooh lets go! C'mon drive! " and with that I hit the gas and get on the nearest freeway entrance.

  "So Megan, did you pack 80 pounds of food this time too?" Megan always brings tons of food everywhere, on every trip.

  "Actually, no not this time" she laughs "my bag was too full of boring clothes! And can you turn on the radio?" so I do, I turn it up and let it play loud the whole ride to the airport.

  When we arrive, I park my TARDIS blue Kia on the third floor of the 'green lot'. We each pull our bags out of the trunk, and I close the lid and make sure to lock my car. Its a long walk to the car and my feet are already tired. My phone starts ringing; its my mom, probably calling to make sure I have everything, and after talking to her for five minutes I was right. 'Too late for that anyways' I think to myself. We enter the lobby area to check into our flight, and breeze right through. Security is easy, I've done this a hundred times. But for my noob companions... I'm surprised that they didn't just get a pass, or simply kicked out for back-sassing the TSA officers.

  We barley made it to gate F37 in time for our flight. We find our row and sit down. Jamie at the window, Megan on the isle, me in the middle. As the plane started to taxi on the runway, Megan started freaking out, then when the plane took off Jamie stared down at the ground disappearing beneath us in awe. ' This plane must be like the TRDIS to people who havn't flown before.' I thought to myself as I put in my earbuds, blocking out the droning engines.