8. Peekaboo

"So what you're saying is, I subconsciously sent out a distress singnal for help, and your paper picked up on that?" I ask. Now its just me and the Doctor in the lobby area with Ben very obviously trying to listen in but not understanding what's happening.

  "In sort terms, yes," the Doctor said, rubbing his temples, "but the thing is, I got it specifically asking for help because of angels. And you aren't completely sure you saw one. Was anyone else there to see it?"

  "No, I'm completely sure that we were alone."

  "Well then, you're blocking it out. The memory,  I mean. You know what's going to happen to you if they touch you, and you're scared. So your brain is blocking the memory to avoid mental shutdown."

   "So I'll start going awol if I start to remember? Because honestly I'm not all that scared, we could stop them if you helped us." Right then I'm sacred he wont want to stay, or help for that matter.

   "Of course I'd help! Why wouldn't I? there's no if I stay. I will stay." Thank goodness. I was relieved now that he says he's definitely helping.

  We all go to breakfast at Ruby's Inn across the intersection. The one intersection this town has. Megan has her 'I hate this place and I want to get back to civilization' look on her face now as the waitress takes our plates.

   After brekfast we go down to the canyon to explore for a while, the Doctor insists on coming along in case of angel sightings.

   "Damn, its hot," Jamie complained.

   "Thanks, detective," I say, rolling my eyes. Its about 100 degrees in this bloody canyon. 'In what world was this a good idea?' I question myself.

   Out of the corner of my eye; I saw something. I stop dead in my tracks. "GUYS! Turn around..."

   Jamie comes over, "What? What is it Alay? Oh." I don't even dare to blink, even though Jamie is looking too.

   The Doctor and Megan are looking too. People are looking at us like we're insane. "Okay, now can we leave?" Megan asked in horror of seeing this. We all make the mistake of looking at her. How could we all be so stupid?

   We turn around to see two. One reaching out,  claws out and teeth bared.  the other....smiling. Smiling at us with her hands held close, like she's playing... peekaboo.