Part 18 - Friends

Sam's POV

Sam is almost an hour late picking Richard up at the airport. Richard has been calling him since he landed 40minutes earlier. This is all Jerald's fault, his other best friend. Jerald made him wait for nothing. He said he has something important to tell me that cannot wait. For all I care, this might be another problem with a girl. Feeling pogi talaga ang kaibigan ko. Lagi namang bigo at sawi sa pag-ibig. Kung bakit naman kasi hindi sila ang nagkatuluyan ni Val, his high school sweetheart, na up to now ay hindi nila alam ang dahilan why they split-up. Jerald has been mum about it.

He dialled Richard's number as he entered the parking lot.

'Shit!' he heard on the other line.

'Now don't go swearing on me now man! I'm already here. Were should I meet you?'

'Grabe ka! Wrong timing ka Papi!!!'

'o akala ko ba inip na inip kana?! Gulat na tanong ni Sam...'Eto na nga I'm on my way. I'm at the parking area na. Naghahanap na po ng vacant slot'

No answer...he looked at his phone, connected pa naman...'Papi anjan ka pa ba?'...

'Yes I'm still here'

'Ayan paps space spotted...' he manouvered his car in between the other cars 'Told you I would be here in a giffy...'

'OK'

'I'm getting off the car now' he said in a singsong voice...he locked the car door 'What gate are you in?'

'uhm I dont know Paps, hanapin mo na lang ako!' Richard ended the call.

He looked at his phone 'huh? anyare?'

He entered the airport showing his ID pass at the gate. Hindi mahirap hanapin ang kaibigan nya dahil matangkad ito at kapansin-pansin, artistahin ang dating. And true enough, he saw him immediately, not on the benches as he expected him to be but in the middle of the busy airport near the boarding gate.

'Anong ginagawa mo dyan paps?' he said as if maririnig sya nito

Richard smiled and opened his arms. Wtf?!? what's happening?!? he looked where Richard is looking. He stopped on his track, as in. His eyes almost bulge out of his head.

'OMG! is that..? but that can't be! she's already dead' Sam can't believe it...'a doppelgänger?! Yes! that must be it. I read that every person has one existing clone-like in the face of the earth. Meng has a doppelgänger!

His jaw drooped when the girl smiled and run towards Richard. 'What the...!' But the woman passed Richard and hugged the guy behind his friend. Muntik na syang himatayin.

The two embraced each other like they are the only people in the world.

He looked back at his friend who is looking at the couple with his jaw hanging. Sinasabi ko na nga ba!...

Without thinking he shouted, 'Papi! and run towards Richard, his arms wide open, 'i-papi mo 'ko!!!' trying to distract his friend. He doesn't know pero baka mag breakdown ito. He has seen him in his lowest. At ayaw na nyang makita ulit ang kaibigan sa ganong kalagayan.

'Wtf Sam!' His friend looked and stopped him.

Sam just smiled. Look back and forth to him and the couple embracing..his mind working how he would distract Richard. Reverse psychology!

'So what's up?' he asked

'What?' Balik tanong ni Richard

'C'mon Papi, I just saw what you did.. you thought ikaw ung yayakapin ng babae? Demn man! you should have seen the look on your face! Your whole face lit up talo mo pa halogen light' he laughed. His friend just looked at him.