Chapter 5- Dinner

**Hope's P.O.V.**

Dylan and I walked to the top of the many flights of stairs and knocked on the door of the house. A few short seconds later Norma came rushing to the door.

"Hey guys, come on in and take a seat in the living room while I finish up dinner." Norma said stepping a side and letting us walk into the house.

"The drink tray is over there, help yourself to anything." Norma explained and disappeared in the kitchen.

Dylan took my hand to the living room and I sat down on the couch while he got me my drink.

"I'm just waiting for this to take a drastic turn." Dylan said walking back over to the couch.

"Honestly, me too." I said forcing a smile in Dylan's direction.

About ten or fifteen minutes later, Norma walked in and invited us into the kitchen for our before meal salads. We followed her into the kitchen and the first thing I saw was Norman preparing the chicken by pounding it with a meat tenderizer.

"Hey, Norman." I said as Dylan was pulling a chair out for me to sit in.

At that point Norman had stopped what he was doing and stood there silent.

"What the hell are you doing here." Norman said screaming and shaking coming towards me with the granite meat tenderizer that he had been using on the chicken.

"Norman stop." Norma screamed.

In an instant everything changed. I froze, the whole world around me had stopped. I felt a huge pound into the side of my head as my lifeless body dropped onto the kitchen floor. Splattering blood all around the room.

**Dylan's P.O.V.**

"Norman, what the hell was that for"

I kneeled over her and tried to shake her awake.

"Hope, please wake-up, please do something. Can you hear?"

"Don't just stand there Norman call an ambulance NOW." Norma yelled at Norman

"Dylan, I am so sorry" she said apologetically.

"This isn't the time for apologies. Every time I come around shit like this happens, and I'm sick of it. I hope you know that the only reason I even showed up is because Hope said it would be good for the both of us, since you were never a very big fan of her either."