chapter 3 -memories

Ty's PoV

All of us looked at the photo and then a flashback came into my mind.

*flashback*

Kimi was  chopping down some trees with Jason and she had a sweet smile on her face. After she hung out with us she headed back to her home. After an hour we saw on the news her village has been set a blaze and they spotted EnderWolfDiamond. By the time we got there everyone was dead and the village was gone. We saw her googles in a pile of ash and picked them up.

"She got away...safely" Adam says

"Yes but...her family is gone and so is her home." Mitch says

Jason dusted off the googles and held them tightly.

"I want her back...." Jason says

"We all do." Ian says

*End of flashback*

I snapped back into reality when I felt Jason's hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah Jason?" I say

"Look" he says handing me a burnt book

I open the book and read the first entry.

Dear Diary ,

The days are getting darker as my mind is being filled with new...things ....not so good things but I try my best...no do my best to hide them....the thing is... I made my friends forget who I am only to keep them safe.....

The rest of the entry was burnt and I was unable to read it. I look to see who owned it but it was smudged and barely legible. I put it down and walked over to the others.

Jerome's PoV

The seven of us were at the kitchen table eating food and also looking out the window if we saw anything. I took a bite out of the steak and drank some  water. I saw a figure walking but slowly. I took a closer look to see it was the hybrid...but she seemed to not attack.

"I'll be right back guys...." I said getting up

"Alright biggums" Mitch says

I followed the hybrid to a lake and I became silent and watched her.

"I wish...this never...I was...never born like this..."  she says quietly

Her voice sounded so familiar. It can't be Kimi...but...that collar from earlier...it was hers. I was about to approach the hybrid but she took off flying. I ran back to the house and crashed into Jason.

"Ah sorry!" I say

" It's alright." he says getting up

My PoV

I was flying in the cool air and landed on a tall tree.

"I'm...so..hungry...." I say

I saw an apple in the tree and I plucked it off and took a bite out of it. My wings were spread out and my eyes glowed against the moonlight.  I flew to my old village and I walked through the mess. Why did I run away...why didn't I stay and rescue my family.  A painful memory hit my head.

*flashback*

"Mommy!" I yell

"No Kimi! Leave! Fly away from here!" she yells out

"No!" I say

"Fly away now! I want you safe!" she yells

"But mom!" I say with tears in my eyes

"Now!" she says before she was engulfed in the flames

I flew as fast as I could and then the hunters or whatever were after me as well.

*end of flash back*

I rummaged around to see if I could find anything.  I tried looking for my diary but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Where is it!" I say

Quentin's PoV

After a while I saw Jerome constanly looking out the window. I tapped his shoulder and he flinched.

"Why are you looking out the window Jerome?" I asks

"Uh...no reason...." he says

"That is a lie." Adam says

"Fine! I'm trying to spot EnderWolfDiamond alright!." he says

"We all are." I say

"Yeah.but...I feel like I know something...more..." Jerome says

"Like what!" Jason says

"Nevermind! forget I ever said that!" Jerome says