1

PRESENT

I sit in the back seat of my dad's black Cadillac with my ear buds in, blasting out Sleeping with Sirens on almost full volume. I knew if it was at actual full volume, they'd hear it and scold me.

I can see them sitting silently, not talking. Mom just enjoying the green view while Dad enjoys paying attention to the road. Wait, his lips are moving, should I be listening?

I mentally shrug it off and look outside my window, staring off into the sunny green trees.

Letting my mind wander about back to the dreamy universe of Aiden Grey, my super hot bad boy boyfriend.

Life couldn't be any better at the moment. Perfect boyfriend, perfect and trusting parents, only child, stress free, likable.

Aiden was just like me. Okay, I'm lying - he's not in love with playing piano like I am.

True story, I've always loved piano. The mere thought of it made me smile.

Grace always said I played beautifully. Ah, Grace, my perfect best friend.

How can someone not fall for her charismatic beauty? She was tan and beautiful, with bright blue eyes that lit up every room she ever step foot in. She was funny and enticing, the way she goofed around. Grace could make anyone smile even if it started out as a frown.

She always said I'd go to Juilliard, the way I play piano with so much "emotion". A piano is the most emotional instrument, I say.

She knew, somehow, that I had applied to the famous Juilliard. The acceptance letter came in earlier this morning.

The thought of it crossed my mind and made me grin like an idiot.

Currently, we were driving to the supermarket for some groceries for tonight's dinner. Dinner would be made specially for my acceptance into my dream college.

I've dreamt about going to New York for as long as I could ever remember.

A finger took out one of my ear buds and dropped it onto my lap. Rude much?

"Hey, earth to Venus." My mother said, a playfully stern look spread on her face.

I couldn't help but smile at how serious she could never be. Goofiness was her calling.

Mom trusted me with everything, seeing as I had achieved stellar grades and got accepted into a really expensive school of music.

"Why not play your music here? Nothing good is playing." She suggests. She only says that when Nick Jonas, Taylor Swift, or Bruno Mars aren't playing.

I nod,chuckling softly as I unplug my ear buds from my phone and connect the auxiliary cord.

"How about a little Beethoven?" I ask.

Both of my parents groan playfully, but say nothing to protest against it.

Soon, Beethovens 5th Symphony comes on and plays the smooth melody.

If you've ever heard One Republics song Secrets, you'd have basically already heard the symphony.

Again, I lean back onto the seat and admire the outdoors. Smiling to myself, I think of how Aiden would practically ruin this moment by horribly singing the lyrics to Secrets.

He was currently home, sick due to flu season. I am practically immune to colds and coughs.

The last time I've been even slightly sick would have to be when I was 11. Just a small cough and slightly stuffed nose.

I watched as the trees passed by quickly. The colors were vibrantly green with the help of a bit of sunshine. The sky had been a perfect shade of baby blue with only a few clouds here and then.

All I wanted was to reach out and touch the -

"David! Watch out!"