25

PAST

"You're wrong."

No, I wasn't. I was inevitably and completely correct. He just didn't want to confirm it.

We sat in the middle of a group of trees, on a boulder in the cool air. The trees cascaded over us, creating shade from the bright sun.

After an hour of sitting in silence, laughing at random times, I explained myself.

"No, I am completely correct, Mr. Grey. Tell me if I'm wrong but you've been oblivious to my feelings for you. You never suspected it because - what? Because I'm just the girl at your side, watching as these slutty girls pass by and your eyes just follow them wherever they go. And I don't wish to be one of them for various reasons that I care not to explain at the moment. But I'd kill to just have a bit of your attention in that way. It's not I like you. It's not that I have a thing for you. It's not that I have a crush on you, no. It's I'm actually so deep in love with you that I can barely stand on my own two feet when you merge into my field of tainted vision. I'm in love with you and I have got no shame and I never said that before because I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Aiden, I'd rather have you be happy chasing after girls that aren't worth your attention than to be stuck to be and wanting to be free."

As I said every word, my heart didn't race. I felt comfortable in my own olive tanned skin more than I ever have before. And I guess it's because this was different, because now he actually knows and I didn't give a damn if he felt the same or not. The only thing I was ever scared of was losing him as a friend completely. Now he knows how I feel and hasn't said anything to protest it.

"You shouldn't feel this way." He whispers, staring into the vivid green trees as they dance to the song and sound of the wind against their rustled leaves.

Then why do I feel this way? I can't stop it. I can't stop being in love with the guy who gave me back my crayons ten years ago in that God awful classroom from that God awful classic mean girl.

"I'm sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable. I just had to tell you." I explained, glancing at him.

His jaw was set hard as his eyes traveled to his fingers again. "It's not that." He says.

Confusion grew in the pit of my stomach, making my blood boil with the urge to know what ran through his mind.

"And it's not that I'm oblivious. I pay attention more than you know, Miller." He said, his eyes meeting mine after a terribly tension filled hour.

He took a deep breath. "Don't let me taint you, Venus Miller."

I thought in the back of my mind, what could he mean by that. Don't let me taint you, Venus Miller.

"What does that - "

I was cut off by the sensation of tingles swarming my lips. Aiden's lips were on mine, warm and soft.

I kissed him back, not wanting to let this moment go. Feeling the warmth of his lips on mine brought sparks in me. In fact, the were bigger than this. The spark had turned into something much more stronger, more powerful.

It was as if the world collided with sun and exploded, sending meteorites everywhere. And we were still here, being hit by every single one of them. Yet, we were inevitably indestructible.