23

PRESENT

I walked around the hospital. Another four hours passed. I'm sure that means another four weeks has passed in reality's timing.

My dress was ripped and torn in random places, due to my anger and frustration.

Every now and then I'd follow the doctors and nurses around, cracking jokes and praying that as this time passes by, I'll be able to find a clue as to what I could possibly do to get back into my body and wake the hell up.

I haven't heard much more about my case for a while. They just say I'm stable and still in a death sleep. It's scarier than it seems because at any moment, God could give up and the heart monitor emits a long, harsh noise that indicates death.

The thought makes me shudder and cringe.

I've looked around and sat in the waiting lounge, staring at the little kids that come in. Surprisingly, a lot of kids get hurt every day.

Do their parents not pay attention to what the hell their child does behind their back? That's really frigging depressing.

I laugh at their parenting skills.

Then, I look to who came in. His tall frame hovered around the entrance as if he was hesitant to come in.

I could practically see his mind debating itself on whether he'd stay or go. And as he made his decision, he straightened his back and held his head high and mighty like he was about to conquer the world. Leave it to Aiden Grey to make things dramatic and interesting.

I followed him towards the reception desk, staring at how handsome he was.

"I'm here to see Venus Amy Miller." He said. He bit his bottom lip, taking his finger to run across it as well.

Aiden eyed the lady as she typed away at the computer. He sighed heavily with impatience, looking around.

He stopped and stared at me. I drew my eyebrows together. Can he see me?

I grew excited that he did. But instantly it died along with my hope and faith and prayers. He picked up a flower sneakily behind me.

Glancing to see if she was looking, which she wasn't, he quickly snatched it behind his back and continued to stare at her.

My mouth twitched upward in a smile and my eyebrows raised as I stared at him.

"Still in the same room - C1406." She said, looking up with a smile.

He nodded and kept the flower out of her view as he stepped away and walked through the door.

"You know, I'm going to patronize you for stealing that poor flower from the reception desk." I said even though he couldn't hear me.

"I know she's going to patronize me for stealing this flower from the reception desk." He mumbled to himself as a smirk stretched across his lips.

I snapped my head toward him and laughed out loud. What was happening? What the hell just happened?

We walked through the beige door, and he shut it ever so gently. His footsteps barely made a noise.

He smelt of Axe and vanilla; perfection.

"Hey, Miller."

I smiled at the continuous act of our last name basis. That actually started somewhere in middle school and it suck ever since.

"I need you to come back. I know I haven't been here much but Grace won't stop bothering to get me out of the house. She spent the night just to make sure I held my promise to see you today. It's not that I haven't wanted to, it's that it's hard for me. Venus, you're one of my major best friends and everytime I think of you or even look at you - like right now - I wouldn't stand it to see you hurt. Which is why it's bad for me to be here. I know you have a choice to come back or stay, but make that choice for any of us. I want you to make that choice for you. I don't have much time, parents taking me out to cheer me up. Think about what I said, Miller." He gripped my hand and lay the flower on my hands as if this were my death bed, and I had just passed away.