13

PAST

Grace's birthday. Today was her big day that she turned 18. How exciting!

We have been best friends since kindergarten when we shared a box full of coloring utensils together. She had asked if I had the color pink which I did only because I was coloring in a flower. She asked for my name and complimented my picture.

That was one of the most special days in my life that I'll never forget.

I walked around the young girls store, called Claire's I believe. She loved jewelry from here.

She grew up to be one the girly types of girls whereas I grew into the more soft, piano playing, metal head. She never did understand how that mixed so well.

I looked around the weirdly purple and pink store, trying to find anything she'd like. After minutes of looking at items from One Direction, to fluffy phone cases, to glitter pens, to flower headbands, to chic cheep purses, I finally settled on getting my best friend a piece of jewelry.

I'm sure their jewelry is somewhat kind of fake but she isn't allergic to nickel or whatever they use to produce these medieval torture devices.

The styles ranged from 2010s cellular apps, to spike balls, to peace signs. As for Grace, she'd like anything with flowers or shiny things like faux diamonds and stones.

As a Capricorn, she is really picky with her clothing and jewelry styles.

I laid my eyes on a pair of earrings that'd suit her nicely. Two baby pink flowers with a clear faux diamond in the middle, making the earrings look almost girly for me to even think of touching. Doing this for you, Grace Taylor.

Next up, I walked over to the rings. I figured I should get her a ring that matches the both of us. Simple but outstanding.

Then the thought hit me. Best friend rings. How cute is that?

I picked up a set of two rings, each with a skinny silver band. One ring said "BEST" in rainbow colors, whilst the other printed "FRIENDS" in the same style.

I figured I might as well be cheesy with it.

I stood in line behind two little girls accompanied by their mother. The little girls laughed and talked about which one would wear the link glitter, and which one would wear the silver glitter. They were an adorable pair.

Smiling softly, I gazed at how adorable they were.

Next up was me, and I handed the woman the items I picked up and she scanned them.

"The total is $8.50." She said. "All jewelry was actually 'buy one get one half off' if you wanted to grab another one?"

I debated and nodded. She told me she'd hold my items as I looked around.

Somehow without realizing, I had wandered off to the necklaces. I always needed another necklace.

I scanned the variety which went from keys to locks to different items and funny knick-knacks. I picked up a necklace that meant something to me.

The pendant was a black grand piano. I smiled and took it to the counter.

Overall, I paid $10 straight.

As I walked out the doors of the little girls shop, I took the necklace and unwrapped it, thus putting it around my neck to clip it.