16

Chanyeol's POV

First date and I was late.

D amn that tons of black suits my butler and his staffs brought. Fitting those made me look like I'm one of them.

"Young master, your father left a gift for you." One of our house helpers handed me a rectangular cardboard box. I opened and saw a midnight blue suit. I immediately tried out the suit and fell in love with it when I looked at the mirror. It's exactly the style that I want. My father really has a sense of fashion.

"I thought I am just handsome. Turns out I am hot." I humbly told myself while styling my hair.

My butler cleared his throat. "You are running late, young master."

Heol!

I hopped inside the car and instructed my butler to drive fast. 200 kph, juseyo.

My butler didn't disappoint me as we reached Seoul Arts Center in just 20 minutes.

"Choegoya, Kang Dash Man!" You're the best, Kang Dash Man! I gave my butler a high five before I get off the car.

I rushed inside to meet Dara but someone blocked my way.

"Ya! Do you know what time is it? We've been waiting for you for almost an hour. You didn't even bother to inform Dara that you're going to be late. Are you really serious on dating Dara?" I received a mouthful from Bom.

"Mianhaeyo." I bowed. "Where's Dara?"

"There she is." She pointed on the lovely lady in a classic red gown. I wanted to go near her as soon as my eyes casted a glance on her.

"Jankkanman!" Bom held my arm to stop me from walking towards Dara. "Please take care of my best friend. Remember, this is just your first date. You must not take away anything from her. She must come back home complete and without losing anything." She warned.

"She may lost something but at least she found me." Just kidding. I just wanted Bom to chill but I don't think it helped.

"Ya!" I received a lot of spank from her before I approached Dara.

Uwa. She was lovely from afar and is stunning when you get closer. My heartbeat raced faster than an F1 car.

"You look gorgeous tonight." I complimented her as I offer her my arm before we enter the concert hall.

"Gomawo." She gave a shy smile and fortunately held onto my arm. I didn't get it why walking with her arm-in-arm made me sweat like a pig. Whew.

We walked inside the hall and looked for our seats. Good thing I managed to buy center block seats so we could get a good view of Yiruma's performance.

Yiruma is my inspiration to become a famous pianist someday. At a young age, my musically-inclined father would always take me to a concert. I was 9 years old when my dad brought me to the concert of this world-renowned pianist. His compositions are hypnotic and it felt like time has stopped that time. It was a surreal experience. For me, it was the best concert I've ever seen.

I was glad when I found out that Dara also like Yiruma that's why I took her to his concert. I hope and I pray she'll like it.

Before I went here, I thought of closing my eyes to feel the music with passion. But sitting right next to beautiful lady made me feel uneasy. I seriously want to go the rest room and hide so that she can't see how much nervous I am. I was just so distracted that I was too oblivious of what's happening around.

"Gwaenchanha?" She asked. Maybe she noticed how stiff I was on my chair.

"Ne." Was the only word I could utter. I felt like my voice would tremble if I speak a word with more than one syllable. Thanks to that though, I am back to my senses.

Yiruma started to play Kiss the Rain and that made me panic. I have this "Kiss the Rain syndrome" during which my eyes voluntarily shed tears whenever I listen to that piece. Dara knew that I'm a manly guy. A manly guy doesn't cry so even if it's hard, I had to hold back my tears.

"Did you enjoy the concert?" I asked as we walked out the doors of the concert hall.

"Yes, I really did. Actually, it was on my bucket list and I'm very happy that I'm ticking it off my list. Thank you for this unforgettable experience."

"Oh? Why are you crying? Did I say or do something bad?" I was so confused that I don't know what to do.

"Anni." She shook her head. "I just couldn't contain my happiness."

I felt relieved and somehow my anxiety vanished.

"Gaja?"

"Eodie?"

"You'll find out later."

I did a research on the best date spots in Seoul. Of course, first on the list is Namsan Tower. But I want our first date to be unique and unforgettable so I tried to search for more and that's when I came across a blog that features this new attraction in Sevit Island called tubesters.

According to the Sevit Island website, tubester is joyful space where you can enjoy foods and beverages on the water with the fun of driving a motor boat, and talk with people you love admiring the magnificent view of nature. I thought it's fun so I immediately booked a boat for a 1 hour ride.

I excitedly took the contents of the picnic basket and proudly named the dishes one by one. "Gimbap, gaeran mari, ddeok, and of course, dosirak! My mom made all of them."

"Uwa! Daebak!" She exclaimed with her eyes popping out of her head.

We munched as we talk about anything and everything we thought of.

"You still haven't mentioned how did you found out I was drunk last time."

I almost spitted out the water I was drinking. "You really want to know?"

"Ne. Jebal!" She clasped her hands as a sign that she's really serious with her request.

"Arasso." I cleared my throat before telling her the story. " My butler Kang Jun and I usually hang out together. That night, we opted to go to a noodle shop owned by Kang Jun's uncle. On our way home, I saw you and Bom." I stopped and guffawed.

"Ya! What's funny?" She irritably asked.

I pressed my lips to hold back my laughter before I continued. "You cartwheeled while crossing the street. You must be very drunk, I thought."

"Whaaaaat?! Jinjja?!" Her eyes popped out of her head. "Eomaya! Eoteokke!"

"Then  we helped Bom to take you home because you kept on saying that the sidewalk is your home. Oh! Didn't you remember when you vomitted inside my car?"

"Well, I did it on purpose."

Endless laughter ruled over our boat, we didn't notice that an hour has already passed.

"I've eaten so much today. Looks like I gained some pounds. I could hear Bom say, "You need to workout."

"You know what, kissing burns 5 calories per minute." I grinned.

"What did you just say?" Her fist landed a punch on my biceps.

"Aahh! Ani." I shouted while rubbing my biceps.

She flashed her captivating smile at me and it took away the pain I'm feeling.

The evening sky is glistening yet she shines the most. Whew.

"Thank you for today. I really had a blast." She gave her last smile of the night before she entered her apartment.

I was beaming while going downstairs when I bumped into a person from my past. A person I'm trying to forget... but I can't.

"Chanyeol-ah..." she faked a smile before passing out in front of me.

. . .

I accidentally published a draft of chapter 16! 😱 I hope no one could see that *finger's crossed* 'cause it contains a hint of what will happen on the next chapter.

*I just added a video for this chapter's OST. XD