f o u r t e e n

•🌺 14 🌺•

Arnell was on the phone renting out a place called Cowboys for her and Anthony's birthday. It was an eighteen and up club. Everything was good to go for Friday night and August volunteered to get everything that they needed for the party.

Arnell was finally moving in with August. She was packing up her things so she'd be ready when he came and picked her up.

"What are you doing?" Jada asked.

"I'm moving in with my brother." Arnell replied.

"Damn, you wasn't going to tell no one?" Said with an attitude.

Arnell didn't know why Jada was acted so surprised. They'd been fighting since the day she moved in. Arnell didn't appreciate how she always came last to Jada.

"It's not even a big deal, I just think it's best if I moved in with August. We still cool."

"How the hell is it not a big deal? My best friend is telling me she don't wanna live with me no more." Jada said raising her voice.

"It's not even like that, you just got a lot going on, and you be doing me hella dirty sometimes."

"What you mean?"

Arnell knew Jada was not about to sit there and play dumb. Arnell hardly called Jada out on her shit but she knew exactly what she was doing.

"You. You always telling my business or talking to me reckless. I ain't got time for your bullshit, Jada. I got enough shit I gotta deal with." Arnell fumed.

Jada was about to say something but Arnell quickly changed the subject.

"Do me a favor, and don't tell Damitri about my party." She asked while zipping up her suitcase.

Jada nodded her head. She acted cool but, she was mad. And she was going to get back at Arnell one way or another.

August came to pick up Arnell from Jada's.

"You ready?" He asked as she got inside the car.

She nodded and he drove off.

*

BIRTHDAY PARTY

August left early to make sure everything was ready to go. In the meantime, Arnell got dressed.

She wore a black criss cross dress that twisted in the front. She loved it because it hugged her body just right. She curled her hair and added a crown that said 'Birthday Girl'. She finished her makeup and then added accessories like earrings and a choker.

She heard a honk which meant Jay and Anthony were there to pick her up. She put on some heels and threw a pair of sandals in her purse in case she got tired.

"Damn, sis. You look so beautiful." Jay commented.

"Don't she?" Anthony added.

Arnell couldn't help but smile. "Thanks, guys."

Jay drive in the direction of the club.