t h i r t y

•🌺 30 🌺•

Maggie was on the the couch massaging Arnell's feet as they watched The Heat. It wasn't how they wanted to spend their day, but they couldn't leave the house. "So, what happened?" Arnell asked Maggie while eating her candy.

"Nothin'," Maggie sighed. "They told me although my statement was thoughtful, it wouldn't help much."

"Told you." Arnell said. She hated it, but that's the way things were around there. "I gotta pee." She said getting up. As soon as she sat down, Someone knocked on the door. "Hey, Maggie! Can you get that?" She yelled from the toilet. She heard the front door open and close.When she reached the kitchen, August was talking to Maggie. "What you doin' here?" Arnell asked.

"I'm on break. I thought I would come see how you was doin'." He told her.

"Why was you knockin'?" She questioned.

"You had the top lock locked." August explained.

"Shit, sorry."

"Where all this food come from?!" August asked opening the refrigerator. He was referring to all the food Damitri had brought her.

"Oh, Meech came by earlier and dropped some breakfast off." She said truthfully. Arnell could tell by his face that he wasn't too happy about it.

"Well, my break is almost over." He said walking towards the door. "Call me if you need somethin'." He left and the girls went back to the living room.

Arnell was dozing off when she got a call from Damitri. He was telling her about his plans for Friday.

"Why you havin' a party anyway?" Arnell asked him.

"What you mean?" He asked.

"I mean you're turnin' twenty two, there's nothin' special about that." He told him. "And you too old."

"Why you so negative?" He smacked his lips.

"I'm not. I'm just askin'." Arnell laughed.

"You act like I'm havin' a moon bounce or some kiddy shit." He said. "But nah, it's gone be Hennessy and ho--" Arnell was waiting for him to finish his sentence but he didn't. He knew better.

"I'll catch you later Meech." Arnell told him. "Me and Maggie finna watch this movie."

"Aight." They hung up.

FRIDAY NIGHT

"How's my oufit?" Arnell asked while standing in front of her mirror. She was having trouble finding something to wear.

"You look fine, Nell." Maggie assured her. "But, wear these." Maggie said throwing a pair of white ripped jeans on the bed. "They make yo ass look poppin'." Maggie knew by how Arnell was acting that she really did like Damitri. She just didn't want to admit it.

"You ready?" Maggie asked throwing her keys up and catching them after. "We should get goin'. You know I can't stay long."

"Okay." Arnell replied. Even though she was still in front of the mirror, fidgeting with her clothes. Maggie pulled Arnell out of her room and down the stairs. They got in Maggie's car and drove to Damitri's house.