XXV. Another Day Off

The next morning, I woke up a little later than usual. Lily was sound asleep in my arms, using my chest as a personal pillow.

"Lily?" I whispered and shook him gently. He stirred a little and his tail swayed lazily. "Lily wake up."

"I'm up...I'm up." He sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Thank you for the company Lily. I don't know how I would have slept if you hadn't offered." I smiled bashfully.

"I don't mind keeping you company. Between the two of us, I like your cuddles. They're sensitive and caring, unlike Gajeel's forceful arms."

"I'm glad you like my hugs." I laughed. "Personally I like hugging you, since your fur is softer than any other exceed I've met."

"Thank you. No one has ever noticed but you."

"I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to notice. I bet everyone knows, they just don't tell you." I reassured him. "I should probably give you back to Gajeel, before he thinks I kidnapped you."

"He'll see us at the games." Lily walked to the end of the bed.

"About that..." I propped myself up on my elbows. "I'm...not going."

"You're not?"

"No. I probably should take a day to self reflect or something like that."

"If you're taking the day off, I'll stay with you." Lily plopped down on the pillow next to me.

"Go to the games Lily. Gajeel is going to need your support today." I placed him on the ground. "Be sure to tell him good luck for me."

"...I will." Lily flew out the door.

"Thank you Lily..." I stared at the ceiling blankly.