PHANTOMS OF DAYS PAST

"They say that things just cannot grow beneath the winter snow, or so I have been told. This is my winter song. December never felt so wrong, cause you're not where you belong; inside my arms." - Winter Song, Sara Bareilles.
______________________________________
Summer green leafs mixed with pink Sakura petals as they floated in the air current, dancing around in the sky. Temari gaped at the beauty of it all as she stood mesmerised in the middle of an empty pathway.

She looked around, taking in the breathtaking scene, but soon enough she wasn't looking at the petals anymore. The wonder Temari had in here eyes when she looked around faded away and was replaced with sadness. There where no one here. Nobody to talk to. Nobody to laugh with. Nobody to tell her everything was going to be alright.

She was utterly alone in a beautiful dream.

She was stuck in this vast lonely world where nobody ever appeared, leaving her completely alone and yearning for company. Temari kept track about how long she's been a prisoner. But lately, it's been hard keeping track. She knew that three months has already passed. However, after the middle of the third month, her mind started losing grip on reality.

Sakura told her when she was still awake and conscious of the world around her that the people keeping them captive where letting her regain her memories too fast for her mind to process everything, which will lead to her going into a catatonic state or a coma. That was what was happening now.

Recently she had been jumping from reality in her little cell with Karui to the parallel world with the sakura blossoms.

She didn't know how long she were in the empty space before she snapped back to reality, it was impossible to keep track since the days in this world never turned to night. The sun always remained in the same place in the middle of the blue sky. However last time she was in the blossom filled world sakura told her she was in a catatonic state for two weeks. Temari scowled as she remembered sakura telling her that each time she went into a catatonic state it lasted longer than the previous one.

Temari wondered for how long she was in a catatonic state this time or how long it'll be until she snapped back to the real world. However, at least she had regained a ton of her memories back. She remembered up until the great shinobi war now.

Give it another session and she'll probably remember everything...

Temari walked over to the lonely bench in the path and sat down. Slouching on the bench as she tilted her head upwards, looking at the blue sky that peeked through all the leafs and blossoms. How long will it be until somebody found them? Saved them?

Sakura was slowly losing her mind in this place, going on a rampage every now and then thanks to her delusions and poor Hinata just had to try her best and dodge sakura when she goes mad. Sakura used to break the walls to try and escape, but now she punched them because of hallucinations leaving Hinata to try and evade her punches and the flying bricks.

Temari was lucky, though. She shared a cell with Karui. From what Temari saw when she wasn't in a catatonic state was that Karui was mostly quiet and just sat with crossed arms in the corner, but Temari didn't miss her trembling every now and then.

And Hinata, oh Hinata... She's well on her way to premature labour. She has severe stomach cramps every now and then that Temari knew wasn't normal or healthy. Luckily Sakura was there to keep it at bay...

Temari sighed as she watched the branches sway in the soft breeze. How long was she in this world now? Will she wake up again?

Temari's mind thought to when sakura escaped three months ago. She said she found Kiba, Sasuke and Shikamaru when she ran loose. They all thought she was dead, but it didn't surprise Temari much since Taiga said Kiba would only remember her death.