THE DRINKING GAME

"I'll be here waiting. Hoping, praying that this light will guide you home. When you're feeling lost I'll leave my love, hidden in the sun for when the darkness comes." - When the darkness comes, Colbie Caillat
______________________________________

Shikamaru entered his apartment, the only light in the apartment was the late afternoon sunlight that rushed through the windows. Shikamaru walked towards his shower after closing his apartment door behind him. He closed the bathroom door and peeled out of his clothes. Shikamaru turned on the shower and let his hair down.

Strands of black hair fell across Shikamaru's face as he stepped in the shower. The warmth of the water seeped through his skin, quickly warming up his skin again. Shikamaru hung his head as the water rushed down his head and jet black hair.

Shikamaru's body felt numb as the warm comforting water rushed over his skin and enveloped him. It was hard thinking that Temari would stay asleep and only wake up in a long time. It was hard picturing her not roaming the streets and causing him trouble. Shooting that troublesome smirk his way each time she was being troublesome.

Shikamaru leant his forehead against the wall of his shower. It was hard thinking that he wouldn't see that beautiful teal eyes for a long time or be able to grab her by her waist and hold her close.

He couldn't take his mind of Temari. He wanted so badly for her to wake up. He wanted so badly to talk to her, even if she was going to yell at him or give him trouble, he just wanted to hear her voice.

Shikamaru rubbed his face, trying to rid his thoughts of Temari so he could stop spacing out. Shikamaru took his soap bar and rubbed it in his hands, making it soapy. He put the soap away and washed his face, trying to scrub Temari's blood from his face. The clear water slowly turned vivid red as the blood came of Shikamaru's face.

Shikamaru washed the soap off and lowered his head again. Watching the blood red water at his feet. Shikamaru's eyes went distant again as he watched the floor. However, after a few minutes, Shikamaru turned off the water and stepped outside of the shower, dripping with water.

Shikamaru took a towel and wrapped it around his waist. The coldness quickly returned to his skin, but he didn't care. Shikamaru opened the door, releasing the steam to wander his house and escape the bathroom. He stood in the doorway watching the floor. He was used to her staying at his place each time she visited from Suna.

And deep down inside he kind of expected Temari to throw an insulting comment at him any moment, but it never came. There was only silence.

It's hard going on without her.

Shikamaru lifted his head and walked down the hall towards his room. He dressed and tied his hair back up. Shikamaru stood in his room for a little while before he stuffed his hands in his pockets and left his apartment.

He locked the door behind him then walked back to the hospital. He walked in silence as his mind plundered to the thoughts and images he wishes he could dismiss. He was so in thought that he didn't realise that tenten was behind him.

"Shikamaru!" Tenten called out making Shikamaru jump slightly.

"Tenten?" Shikamaru said surprised as he turned around.

"What's up with you? I've been calling your name like five times with no respond." Tenten said catching up to him.

Tenten wore her hair in her usual two buns with black tight fitting pants and a long loose peach coloured shirt that hung over her large stomach. She had a brown coat over her shirt that tied above her stomach and peach colour gloves. It looked like her stomach would burst any second.