CHAPTER 5

AUSTINS POV

The movie was between the beginning and end, but all I could really focus on was how close Emma was to me. Our bodies slightly touching, her small frame stuck against my arm. Clearly I wasn't the only one enjoying the moment; I notice Hayden laughing at Emma's trembling form. I look at him throwing a questionable look his way. He raises his eyebrows as if trying to say 'can I help you'. Casual Hayden move, cocky bastard. He then quickly averts his attention back to the movie. Hmm, I guess little Hayden here is starting to become interested in our new friend. Well to bad he can't I already claimed her mine. I know that sounds creepy and quite stalkerish but that's not what I intend, players honor. I'm aware I'm a player and I know Emma is a really nice girl and she deserves better than a cheater. She deserves someone who believes in love; but for some reason I feel like she's going be a challenge for me and I want to see where that takes me. I just hope I can get her before Hayden tries and makes a move. If she ends up with him she will surely get hurt, not that she will be better off with me. He is one of my best friends yes, but he to like myself has playerish ways. I guess I'm going to have to fight it in order to win it. But then again I don't think I should even be thinking this way there is no competition at all; Hayden would never actually fall for someone. I'm slightly startled out of my conversation with my thoughts when I feel Emma's cold hands cling on my arm trying to hide her eyes from the horrid scene.

"Ahhhh don't go in the room you idiot stop trying to be the hero!" Emma screams into my side

I wrap my arm around her taking her and Hayden by surprise. Her hazel almost emerald eyes meet mine and even in the dark I can still see her blushing a cute shade of pink.

"What's wrong princess you seem speechless and I'm guessing scared" I chuckle and Hayden scoffs crossing his arms over his chest clearly not appreciating the sudden move I made. Emma's mouth is opening and closing like a fish under water clearly not finding anything to say, but sooner or later it's like she snaps out of my charming trance.

"Thanks play boy" she sarcastically remarks while pulling my arm off her "but even if I am terrified I will never be at loss of words and trust me I can take care of myself"

Now it was my jaw that dropped I had no response. She was a firecracker, not as easy as the others girls I met. Other girls would've gladly accepted my comfort and would expect even more if you know what I mean. I was indeed in for a challenge.

EMMAS POV

I hear Hayden erupt with laughter beside me after I kind of reject Austin's comfort. I didn't mean for it to come off as rude as it did but I also didn't want him to think I was easy and would fall at his feet giving him the idea I was ok with letting him jump in my pants for fun. That's just not how I work. It's pretty obvious he is player; I wasn't oblivious to the fact him and Hayden were all the hoe squad at my school were talking about. Oh just a reminder they just started school!

How pathetic girls should not be treated like rag dolls they are humans with feelings not toys, then again these girls were asking for it. The other boys in the group on the other hand were different they didn't give off the player affect Hayden and Austin give off, so I didn't fear their affection but when I was near Hayden or Austin I felt the need to keep some distance.

Austin has been completely ignoring me and it was starting to irk my nerves. He wouldn't even throw a glance in my direction. Hayden on the other hand was the happiest man in the room and that equally vexed me even more. His stupid smirk was adding more fuel to my internal flame therefore made me want to punch him. In the face. With a chair. Hard. But considering I'm a lazy person , that would make him angry, and there is no chair I did the second best thing.