Chapter 17

EMMAS POV

The party is already in full swing when we arrive and I was slightly confused wondering if we were late considering more then schools population was here littering the front yard and inside I presume. I was never one to go to parties till now since I've made an effort to make friends and live again,so I wasn't really sure how these things work.

"Are we late " I ask voicing my thoughts taking a step closer to Scott pretending he could shield my already exposed form.

"Are you kidding me the party has barley even begun let's head in" Ryan shouts enthusiastically pulling jaxon along with him.

"Well before you head in some ground rules eh?" Jace says staring at me like a strict parent.

I roll my eyes but nod, "sure dad" I say sarcastically.

"Well first things first don't talk to intoxicated ,creepy looking stranger who look like there about to pounce on you at any given moment, second we all meet here so we could head to the haunted house for our sleep over when we're all done in about two or three hours, and finally if your going to drink-

I quickly interrupt his rant "I'm not going to drin-"

He does the same and interrupts me the way I did him "if you do drink only a little and from cans don't accept drink from anyone ok"

I nod feeling a little nervous but keep replaying jaces words.

"Great let's head in" jace and Scott start walking ahead leaving me to collect my nonexistent confidence.

I sense Hayden still here watching me and I bite my lip trying to ease my nerves. Would it be pathetic if I tried to talk to him? I mean he clearly hates me and he doesn't deserve my attention after the rude things he said but deep down I knew I was over it, but was he?

I turn around attempting to start a conversation when I come to stop realizing no one is there. I guess he rushed inside, meaning he still hates me and still wasn't over it.

I stare at the front door of the party contemplating if I should just rush inside or just start my walk home no one will really notice right? I sigh in frustration wishing Austin was here like he said he would be.

"You know Emmie party is inside and you don't feel the experience just by staring at it"

I turn around to see a smirking peter dresses in... oh my god he did not.

"Really peter a pirate" I say annoyed crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yea a pirate it looks good although I must say u took sexy pirate to a whole new level"

I blush and try hiding it with my face already annoyed by him.

"So are you coming inside?" He asks

"Umm I uhh" I hesitate

"Oh come on" he says grabbing my hand and reeling me inside with him.

As we're walking inside peter stops multiple times to say hi to everyone he knows.

"So peter who's the gal by the way love the couple costume idea" one of his friends asks

Before peter can open his mouth I cut in.

"First not his gal second not a couples costume this was not planned"

"Oh you know you love it" peter argues.

" so does that mean your single " his friend asks me throwing a flirtatious smile my way.

"She's taken Matt" peter answers for me

"Aw shit by who"

"Austin Dean" I answer this time.

" you mean the same Austin dean over there paying no attention to you at all"

I turn around and sure enough there he was in all his glory with a group of guys talking to a platinum blond bimbo dressed in hot pink.

I excuse my self and start making way towards Austin until a certain blond dressed in fiery red stopped me from doing so.

"Oh my god Emma you look great !" I smile at Chris and take in her devils costume which she pulled together perfectly.

"Thanks Chris I love your costume you look great as well and I really want to stay and chat but I have a boyfriend to snatch" I tell her locking gazes on Austin to which she quickly follows opening her mouth into and 'o' shape.

"Oh yea I see,isn't he supposed to be with you?"

"That's what I thought and that's what I'm going to go figure out"

"Ok girl but before you go why are you and peter McAllen doing the whole matchy couples costume thing?"

I sigh knowing she wasn't the only one who's noticed peters particular choice of attire but I had no time to explain.

"I honestly have no idea but you should know it wasn't planned I'll explain later I promise"

She nods "good luck with Austin"

I nod before heading towards him once again. I really do need all that luck.

Sorry for the short chapter promise longer one next time love ya byeeeeeees