Chapter 24

It's another school day and I'm in class next to Ryan and Jaxon trying to focus but failing.

I've been avoiding Hayden since I left his place yesterday. After our little stunt we were both shunned into silence.

I've never been one to be content with silence especially after awkward mishaps so I plays it off with a smile thanking Hayden for all he's did that day and ran out.

He didn't stop me,he didn't carry me up to his room,didn't finish what was going on before, and we didn't get a happy ever after, because they don't exist at least not for us.

I'm resurfaced to reality by Jaxons obnoxious poking.

"Everything alright jelly bean?"

"Yea babe you seem off" Ryan adds.

I see the concern in their eyes. The love burrowed deep within. Love I thought I once seen in my dads eyes,Austin's eyes,and Hayden's. And suddenly I'm scared.

"I'm fine just a little sick, it's finally November and it get really cold here real fast"

I throw on my best fake smile hoping,praying that they'll believe me.

"Are you sure that's all that's wrong" Jaxon asks warily,not fully believing me.

"Yea I'm sure"

The bell rings initiating its the end of class.I storm out of there before I could be questioned any longer throwing "bye guys" over my shoulder.

I stumble in the halls with my head hanging low wanting to make it to my locker in peace.

"Hey there my gorgeous Emmie"

I sigh before turning around throwing on my mask.

"Hey peter what's up"

He leans on the locker before mine while I swap my books for the next periods.

" well since you ask I have a proposition for you"

I slam my locker shut and hug onto my books like any other cliche school girl would.

"A proposition? Must be a good one since you walked all the way here considering your locker is on the other end of the hall"

" a good on it is my gorgeous gal and I'd run through all the halls in this school for you emmie"

I wanted to ask were was all this love and affection before I was this social and actually needed him. But I keep my mouth shut for the greater good.

" oh well, out with it" I say a little dry.

"Will you go out for lunch with me?"

"Lunch?"

"Yea unless you prefer dinner , or even breakfast"

"No I mean lunch as in a date?"

His smile grows as if he's won the lottery.

"Yea exactly"

I internally cringe. I'm in no position to go out on dates and pretend I know what love is because as of this moment I can't even pin-point what I feel or what I've felt before.