CHAPTER 2 (More Confusions)

"Lauren! Get up," my mom grabs the blanket out of my body. "Don't you have work?"

"Five minutes mom," I whined wanting to sleep some more. I stayed up again last night watching pretty little liars cause why not Spencer is too hot not to watch.

"Get up now or I'll pour you cold water." I stood up abruptly knowing she will definitely do it. Damn I hate it every time I need to wake up this early. I wish its summer already or should I quit my job and look for another one.

I groaned and walk to the bathroom, I took a shower and brushed my teeth. I went back to my room and put on my uniform, I picked up my bugs bunny shirt to change later for school tonight and put it in my bag. I head out of my room went to the kitchen, picked up the toasted bread mom made and stuffed it between my teeth. I grab a cup and pour some coffee from the coffee maker. My day won't go without coffee, it makes my little brain run and hyped.

After eating I kissed my mom goodbye and went out the house then drive to my work. It's been 4 days since Lucy had been ignoring my calls and text. I still sent her a message if she'll need a ride going to her work today, I took a glance on my phone to see if she had replied but there was none. I sigh, turning on the radio and to my favour the song Lucky by Jason Mraz is playing on. It used to be my favourite song but now I hate it.

I park at the mall's huge parking lot, I look at my watch and I'm almost late. I hurriedly grab my back pack before stepping out of the car. I run to the mall's employee's entrance, I was too busy digging my backpack for my mall's ID til I felt body slammed into me. "Shit! I'm so sorry," I uttered helping her back up.

"It's fine, I didn't watch where I was going," she fixed her skirt wiping her ass off and running her fingers to her hair before looking up at me with a shy smile. I never thought she'd be cute in the morning.

"Camila, wow, I'm sorry we had to bump into each other like this." We walked pass the security and entered the hallway. "I hope you're not hurt, anyways, I need to go ahead before my manager kills me." I think she has something to say but I waved goodbye and start sprinting along the hallway.

"About time Lauren," my manager groaned looking at his watch.

"I'm not yet late. See, I made it less than 1 minute." I laugh as he shakes his head and opens the lights on the cashier area. "Hey Mark," I greeted my colleague tapping his shoulder. Then go to the sanitizing area to wash my hands and get plastic gloves then put on my kitchen hat and apron.

"Hey Laur, come on let's start the toppings. I've sliced the onions and bell peppers already, go get the cheese and the sauce in the chiller." I went to the freezer and grab two bags of mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese. I tear it open and pour it in different container. "I think 10 boxes would be enough for this morning," I nodded at him and proceed on making pizza.

This is usually my routine in my work on weekdays shift, in the morning Mark and I prepare all the ingredients for half of the day operation in pizza house. It includes, putting toppings on the dough, pre heating the pasta, breading the marinated chicken. All the preparations should be finished before the mall opens for the mall goers. At first it is tiring but I actually like it since I love cooking and working in the kitchen helps me discover different dishes.

I am now currently standing in the take out cashier counter waiting for some customers. Mondays are not usually a busy day unlike weekends, it's the most lousy day of the week. Thankfully I brought my ipod to kill my boredom and listen to my playlist. It's forbidden but I'm Lauren, I break rules. Just kidding, of course I hide it somewhere my manager won't notice. As I was scrolling my ipod, I felt cold fingers grab my earphone and warm breathe touched my ear ''hello''. I looked up and my face heat up as I notice the inches gap from our faces. I pulled back and hit the back of my head on the glass, "ouch," I groaned in slight pain.